Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

10 round .22’s in the airlite series!!

Small rev like the Taurus View in .32 Mag, make it work with .32 ACP!

2.5” K frame “PD”

More special edition J frames like Super Tuned, PC, ported, carry comps etc!

Pretty much any no lock 3" K Frame .38 or .357 would work for me.

Stop putting locks in them

Mountain guns

Nightguard Series
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Smile

Here's a question,RAM Engineer mentioned 3" barrel for a "full length guide rod"??? maybe a misstype of terminology I hope?
    Wayne Dobbs mentioned a 3" barrel for "full length ejection".

My only K-frame is a mid 1950's K-22, it extracts the entire fired case clear of the cylinder. It will also, if you stroke the extractor rod improperly (with the barrel/cylinder pointing horizontal or lower) trap at least half of the cases under the extractor star. I have no experience with modern 38/357 K-frames. My S&W interest starts at L-frames and ends at N-frames for reference.

My L & N frames do not extract the entire fired case.

When you say "full length ejection" are you refering to the max (but shy of clearing the cylinder) S&W rod stroke?? Or do you refer to moving the fired case clear of the rear cylinder face?

Measuring my Colt, S&W, Charter Arms DA revo's none except the K-22 clear the cylinder with full extractor stroke. So help me out here : )

I'll add that Smith has most of my needs/wants covered, I would like to see the Bowen rear sight as an option with your pick of front sight. I'd like to see a lanyard ring available, and if they would turn out some .45 Colt 25's I'd be 1st in line.

All of those are not mainstream, and available aftermarket so there's that.

The stupid lock is a 15 minute job to eliminate. I don't buy many new Smiths, don't buy J's or K's so I'm sure they don't really care what I think : ).

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    After having a recent revolver go back for a lengthy visit to S&W twice, with no improvement, my wishlist includes S&W unfucking themselves. Harsh, but true.
    ^^^This is my #1.

#2 would be no-lock versions of most models. Label/brand them as "M&P" or "Pro" if they have to for the lawyers to be OK with it. Let them see what the sales numbers point to.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That said, in some parallel universe where QC still exists, I’d like a modern model 12, as others note. K frame, scandium alloy, .38+P, 3” RB, with modern sights. And no lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Others have already nailed one as far as I’m concerned - a 2.75” or 3” version of the 315 Night Guard.
    Kind of a pattern here. It describes my #3.

#4 would be another run of the 327PD, with the barrel nut system of the R8/TRR8. It's stupid that the 329PD continues to be built, but the 327PD, which would be far more useful for most people in most places, has only been made the one time.

The results of launching extra-expensive product into the economic disaster of 2008 should not be used as an indicator of what will happen in better times.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    When you say "full length ejection" are you refering to the max (but shy of clearing the cylinder) S&W rod stroke?? Or do you refer to moving the fired case clear of the rear cylinder face?
    Same stroke as a 4" gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    Here's a question,RAM Engineer mentioned 3" barrel for a "full length guide rod"??? maybe a misstype of terminology I hope?
    Wayne Dobbs mentioned a 3" barrel for "full length ejection".

My only K-frame is a mid 1950's K-22, it extracts the entire fired case clear of the cylinder. It will also, if you stroke the extractor rod improperly (with the barrel/cylinder pointing horizontal or lower) trap at least half of the cases under the extractor star. I have no experience with modern 38/357 K-frames. My S&W interest starts at L-frames and ends at N-frames for reference.

My L & N frames do not extract the entire fired case.

Measuring my Colt, S&W, Charter Arms DA revo's none except the K-22 clear the cylinder with full extractor stroke. So help me out here : )
    2" and 2.5" S&W revolvers have a shortened ejector rod. With most calibers, this ejector rod isn't long enough to reliably eject fired cases. 3" and longer-barreled have the standard length rod, which is long enough to reliably pull the whole case from the cylinder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a couple of wishes, one of which I passed to Smith internally some time ago. I don't have much hope for any but here goes.

First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!

Second, reintroduce the NY-1 Model 64 3" and/or equivalent in Model 10.

I think many of us have found the usefulness/shootability of the 3" K RB revolvers and doing those two "wish" guns would be successful for Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    This is the best post so far.
    Yup.

I just want Smith to make a wheelgun that doesn't require an action job immediately from the factory

User Tag List