Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

Or a trip back to the factory to fix obvious assembly and machining errors. The last 625 Performance Center gun I looked at had a gouge in the crown and the barrel shroud was visibly canted to the left. And that was a Performance Center gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That said, in some parallel universe where QC still exists, I’d like a modern model 12, as others note. K frame, scandium alloy, .38+P, 3” RB, with modern sights. And no lock.
    This would be ideal--especially if it came with a soul.

For fuck's sake, could we just get some .38 Special Airweight J-Frames with a usable sight system?

Ideally, they'd have something like the 640 Pro, or the Novak sights on the Ruger SP101s.

I'd settle for a wider rear notch and a pin on front, like the steel frame and Airlite guns.

I don't always want the weight of the all steel guns, and don't want to pay the uncharge for the exotic metals in the Airlite guns for dubious returns.

Why is this hard?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    For fuck's sake, could we just get some .38 Special Airweight J-Frames with a usable sight system?

Ideally, they'd have something like the 640 Pro, or the Novak sights on the Ruger SP101s.

I'd settle for a wider rear notch and a pin on front, like the steel frame and Airlite guns.

I don't always want the weight of the all steel guns, and don't want to pay the uncharge for the exotic metals in the Airlite guns for dubious returns.

Why is this hard?
    This.

Ruger can do it. S&W already does it in other options. Why can’t we have 442/642 pin on front sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a couple of wishes, one of which I passed to Smith internally some time ago. I don't have much hope for any but here goes.

First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!

Second, reintroduce the NY-1 Model 64 3" and/or equivalent in Model 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I just want Smith to make a wheelgun that doesn't require an action job immediately from the factory

Why is this hard?
    All of this please.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Why is this hard?
    This. I like my 642, but the sight picture is ludicrously bad for my old eyes compared to my G42 with Ameriglos.

Why is this hard?
    This!

I'd pay a premium to have a 642 or a 442 test fired and adjusted at the factory to insure POA is close to POI so I don't have to send it back.

The 327PC in a 3.5” barrel length. The pugnose was just... silly. A scandium gun built around 8-shots of (realistically) .38 Spl +P with usable sights and a full-length ejector would be a sweet AIWB choice.

REMOVE THE LOCKS FROM THE CLASSIC SERIES PLEASE. No gun needs one, but the holes on the retro guns are just offensive.

Also if Smith wants to lead the way on developing an integrated low-mount optics platform, that would be swell.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Bring back the 547 in both 3” and 4” variants, all round butt. Even better, make them in stainless. No lock, please.

And carry over the 547 ejection system to J frames.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a couple of wishes, one of which I passed to Smith internally some time ago. I don't have much hope for any but here goes.

First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!

Second, reintroduce the NY-1 Model 64 3" and/or equivalent in Model 10.

I think many of us have found the usefulness/shootability of the 3" K RB revolvers and doing those two "wish" guns would be successful for Smith.
    Wayne:

I agree with the updated Model 12 but would ask for both a 2 and 3 inch barrel options. A 2 inch Model 12 would be a great coat pocket gun for those of us living up north.

Great set of specifications.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List