Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

Site Supporter

The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

Inspired by the similar "Ruger Revolver Wishlist", I'd like to get something going for the S&W camp. What would you like to see S&W make? What do you think would be a good seller?

My list is extensive, but I'll cap it at 5:

1. 3" & 2" Models 10 & 64
    2. 2.75" & 6" Model 19 Classic
    3. Reintroduce Model 14
    4. Model 60 Classic
    5. Model 640 Classic (.38+P)

Why these? Here's my thinking:

1. The Models 10/64 are the Toyota Camry of revolvers. But only having a 4" option for these limits people from being able to carry them concealed. 3" is the sweet spot for having a full length guide rod and shortest barrel.
    2. They have a 2.76" Model 66, so the mirror in the Model 19 is no-brainer. Also, 6" .357 is a no-brainer. They have nothing like that in a K-frame in their lineup that I'm aware of.
    3. The king of target revolvers. 1 Adam 12. So much history, this should never be out of the lineup.
    4. They've got that Model 60 mutation meant to compete against the SP101, but I'm a purist who has no use for .357 in a small gun. Fractions of an inch count in concealment. They have the 36 Classic, so just make it in stainless.
    5. See note 4.

3” 686 in a six shot.

After having a recent revolver go back for a lengthy visit to S&W twice, with no improvement, my wishlist includes S&W unfucking themselves. Harsh, but true.

That said, in some parallel universe where QC still exists, I’d like a modern model 12, as others note. K frame, scandium alloy, .38+P, 3” RB, with modern sights. And no lock.

Like I say, parallel universe. The one where I’m also BFFs with Scarlett Johansson.

This is coming from a guy who owns a small pile of older J and K frames; it’s not like I don’t like the basic idea of an S&W wheelie.

1. Lose the hole, to keep its soul from leaking out.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Part of me always wanted a 296. I'm sure @Tamara could talk me out of it, unless she has one to sell.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Part of me always wanted a 296. I'm sure @Tamara could talk me out of it, unless she has one to sell.
    There's one for sale at my LGS. It was north of 1K.

I always thought a 9mm airweight j-frame would be cool. No lock, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I always thought a 9mm airweight j-frame would be cool. No lock, of course.
    Every one has different tolerances of course, but I’ve shot the all steel 940 and the Ruger LCR in 9mm and the recoil is too much for me. And I’m a guy that used to enjoy 125 grain 357s from my SP101.

Better snag free fixed sights than the trough that is used nowadays.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Every one has different tolerances of course, but I’ve shot the all steel 940 and the Ruger LCR in 9mm and the recoil is too much for me. And I’m a guy that used to enjoy 125 grain 357s from my SP101.
    Yeah, I had a 940 and it wasn't a lot of fun...I think you'd have to have the right grips, for sure.

User Tag List