Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smith & Wesson Revolver Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a couple of wishes, one of which I passed to Smith internally some time ago. I don't have much hope for any but here goes.

First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!

Second, reintroduce the NY-1 Model 64 3" and/or equivalent in Model 10.

I think many of us have found the usefulness/shootability of the 3" K RB revolvers and doing those two "wish" guns would be successful for Smith.
    Exactly. I’d specify a narrow, orange front sight and drift adjustable rear, and some kind of modern, durable metal finish inside and out.

Basically we’re looking for a round version of a Glock 19.

640 Pro w/3" tube and an adjustable rear sight.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

more a marketing idea, but relevant I think

Another poster here wished S&W would go back to nomenclature based on unique "titles." I would like them to rationalize their nomenclature to be something more like Ruger, whether that means old-school names with many subvariants, or reducing the different "codes" to a more manageable number, again with many subvariants.

I think this would also help them realize what would actually sell in their line. Ruger has many, many variants on the LCR. Why not many variants on the polymer M&P J-frame? (I like my Mom's, I don’t know the hive consensus) Why aren't all the ultra-lightweight scandium alloy J-frames under one name?

It is easy to find the Ruger subvariant you want on their website. Not so on the S&W site. Organization around "families" makes oodles more sense than dozens of three digit codes where every variant gets it's own separate model number and page on the site.

Of course S&W brought us the awesome 4-digit code system for the 3rd generation semis, so this may just go against their DNA or something.

Glock may have way too many different model numbers, but at least they stick to 2 digits and maybe 2 letters afterward.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Dayton Specials

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have a couple of wishes, one of which I passed to Smith internally some time ago. I don't have much hope for any but here goes.

First, a reincarnated Model 12: modern alloy frame, 3" barrel (for full length ejection), .38 +P rated, factory bobbed hammer and DAO with standard sized RB grip frame. I think that would be a big hit, especially if they didn't do a lock/Hillary hole. Essentially, an NY-1 Model 12!
    After a little research (imagine that) I realize we’re basically looking for a 3” DAO version of the 315 Nightguard. Now I just need to find one.

GN.

Banned
    A new batch of registered magnums made as well as the original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    640 Pro w/3" tube and an adjustable rear sight.
    I'd like to start tracking down and hoarding the 3 and 4" J frame iterations. When they are steel framed with the longer barrels they're pretty cool. And to, a whole lot more handy form factor.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'd like to start tracking down and hoarding the 3 and 4" J frame iterations. When they are steel framed with the longer barrels they're pretty cool. And to, a whole lot more handy form factor.
    Years ago (1990s?) I ran across a 3” J frame with adjustable sights and a 686-style underlugged barrel. I should figure out what model that was, because it was pretty cool.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Years ago (1990s?) I ran across a 3” J frame with adjustable sights and a 686-style underlugged barrel. I should figure out what model that was, because it was pretty cool.
    They made those first in blue, which I like very much, and then stainless for some years, first in 38 spl then in 357.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    They made those first in blue, which I like very much, and then stainless for some years, first in 38 spl then in 357.
    Any idea what the model numbers were?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List