Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Female concealed handgun informal poll

Wife: P30sk V1 LEM in a concealed carry purse. Her training includes basic pistol and shooting drills with me. We need to get her into more classes.

Site Supporter
    My wife doesn't carry a gun and really doesn't have any interest in doing so. While I'd prefer that she did, I respect her decision and I'm not going to try to force the issue.

My wife is LEO and will carry everywhere and will be one or more of these; G21-issued, G26- replaced in her words " that hunk of shit G30", G19, Beretta 92F, and/or Springfield PC Champion. Holsters are from Safariland, Aker, JMCK and others. She has several classes under her belt and consistently out shoots the departments firearms instructors.

better half:
    LCP II 380, orange nail polish on the front sight, Hornady 90 Grain FTX Critical Defense, Spider Concealment single clip with a DCC clip (not an ideal holster, but it works). One may think there would be a major holster maker for the LCP II, but not the last time I checked.

Usually a clinch pick in tow, dark star gear metal clip sheath.

Some days it's the Glock 43, JMCK AIWB with DCC clips.

She's a shivworks alumni and basic CCW pistol alumni. Plans to take more classes.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 11-03-2020 at 06:08 PM.

My bride of 42 years has carried an HK P7M8 in a concealed carry bag.
    Her hands are getting arthritic and she is transitioning to a Glock 19.
    The 24 lb recoil spring in the HK is tough for her to rack.
    Shumba

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    better half:
    LCP II 380, orange nail polish on the front sight, Hornady 90 Grain FTX Critical Defense, Spider Concealment single clip with a DCC clip (not an ideal holster, but it works). One may think there would be a major holster maker for the LCP II, but not the last time I checked.

Usually a clinch pick in tow, dark star gear metal clip sheath.

Some days it's the Glock 43, JMCK AIWB with DCC clips.

She's a shivworks alumni and basic CCW pistol alumni. Plans to take more classes.
    I should add that it appears https://legacyfirearmsco.com/ares-iwb/
    appears to be available in a double DCC clip for the LCP II.

I think there's only 3 great options for belt line holster stuff : hard loops, screwed in soft loops and DCC clips. I still use a soft loop with a snap for my clinch pick or magazine carriers for typical carry, but for the gun I really like something more combatives appropriate.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 11-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    I saw this today and remembering this thread, I believe it fits here. If not, please feel free to move it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-rise-...ed-carry-woman
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

My wife carries a G43 or a S&W M342PD in a Kramer IWB holster. Grew up shooting, does not do classes other than qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    I'm the statistical outlier but...
    She carries either a G17 with 19 grip chop or a G19

AIWB in some Darkstar goodness.

More classes than I can easily count.
    Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!

My ex carries the 3" 640 I bought her. Mostly only on road trips. Recent GF carried a G26 most often off body. Both had the requisite CCW classes. Ex had an additional 16 hour class which included a prosecutor discussing self defense law and some gun handling skills.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 01-11-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

In a recent podcast, Tatiana Whitlock said the P365 has been popular with her female students in the past year. G19 was another popular choice. She also said that Tenicor holsters worked well for many of her students.

User Tag List