Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female concealed handgun informal poll

Female concealed handgun informal poll

Out of general curiosity, if your wife or girlfriend carries concealed what does she carry and how? I'm also a little curious about what kind of training or classes your wife or significant other has received. If you are a female member of PF and don't mind chiming in I would like to know your answers to the same question.

I'm not looking for advice. I just wanted to conduct an informal poll.

I finally convinced my wife and one of my daughters to attend their first class. My local range is hosting several ladies-only defensive handgun classes this fall. After my wife and daughter agreed to attend I signed them up as an early Christmas present. They'll receive instruction and have the opportunity to try out several different handguns in various calibers. They're both really excited.

I've worked with both of them a lot over the years but I've never been able to talk them into going to a class. I'm pretty excited to see them take that leap.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

My wife carries a Glock 43X with ameriglo sights. She uses a JMCK 2.5 Holster with wing. She prefers to carry halfway between her hip and belly button, so not true appendix.

Edited to add, She has attended multiple local classes and she shoots in USPSA on occasion as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Beretta Storm Compact. Carried in a special conceal purse.

Classes: Defensive handgun class and basic shooter class.

Site Supporter
    Kel-Tec P-32 with David Clay tritium channel sight and Crimson Trace LaserGuard, but not all the time. She has attended a 5 hour defensive handgun class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

My wife carries a G26 Gen4 Appendix. She's done a few courses with me and shoots an IPSC club shoot most months. Shes not hugely into guns but getting shot did increase her desire to stay current. The injury makes high volume shooting problematic but shes does put in the work.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

My closest female acquaintance (no female relatives) carries a Ruger LCP .380 but I am trying to move her to a Glock 43 or similar. She shoots a G34 at IDPA and USPSA so the Glock operating system is familiar.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

My wife favors several revolvers. J-Snub, K-Frames, to N-ish. She grew up shooting. Most of her instruction has been informal.

For anyone thinking that She, or our house, would be easy targets: I have seen a video, recorded before I knew her, in which she harvested a feral hog, with a head shot, that anchored it, and a second shot, to stop the involuntary leg movements. With an S&W Model 66, .357 Mag. She has an “M.D.” after her name, knows how to use an autopsy knife, and worked 21 years for the M.E., as a death scene investigator and forensic anthropologist. Messing with her could get a guy disappeared.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-03-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

P30SK LEM, Muddy River Tactical Kydex, w/UltiClip, AIWB. She's done a few formal training classes, and some private training with DB, and local friends/trainers. Just last Sunday, she did a class on home defense, (no live fire) about clearing rooms, and general tactics for how to react to a situation in the home. My wife and her daughter took the class together, and were the only women in attendance, and both enjoyed it very much!

Glock 42 in a Desantis or A-Holster pocket holster in either a pocket or purse.

Occasionally a G19.

Training:

Regular accuracy practice and a 2 Day Defensive shooting course.

At that course she learned to wear long shirts when shooting with a group. A member of the Memphis SWAT team's duty weapon ejected hot .40 brass that went down the back of her pants. She did an excellent job of keeping her G19 pointed downrange while doing the "hot brass dance" that elicited much laughter from the group.

Hammertime
    Zero training or carry for any of the ladies in my life. The don't like guns and wife does not feel she has the requisite minimal mechanical skills to safely handle a firearm. She's wrong of course. Daughters have done a little informal shooting with me and one isn't bad with a 22.

Sooo, mostly they don't have an interest. Interest is often a pre requisite for obtaining skills.

User Tag List