Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1301 Red Dot Recommendations.

Does this exist?

Received my CROM with Aimpoint Micro footprint today from Brownells.

Here’s what I’m looking for… A good value* closed emitter RDS of 4-12moa. Circle dot would be ideal. Value* meaning: appropriate quality to the task, without having big $ tied up in the safe, unused, most of the time. I need reliable, don’t need bomb-proof. Primary use is range fun, maybe a class, eventually, predator hunting, and camp-site bear medicine.

Something like a Sig Romeo5 (2moa) is the fall back. Just wish it had a larger dot or a circle dot.

I’ve looked, but haven’t found it yet. You…?

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Received my CROM with Aimpoint Micro footprint today from Brownells.

Here’s what I’m looking for… A good value* closed emitter RDS of 4-12moa. Circle dot would be ideal. Value* meaning: appropriate quality to the task, without having big $ tied up in the safe, unused, most of the time. I need reliable, don’t need bomb-proof. Primary use is range fun, maybe a class, eventually, predator hunting, and camp-site bear medicine.

Something like a Sig Romeo5 (2moa) is the fall back. Just wish it had a larger dot or a circle dot.

I’ve looked, but haven’t found it yet. You…?
    Well, I kept looking and I found some good options. The Sig Romeo5 is offered with a circle-dot reticle, as is the Holosun 503CU. I don’t have experience with either but it seems like a coin flip. The HS has the solar cells and is $60 more, but neither of those factors is particularly important to me. If anyone has experience with these and an opinion, I’m all ears. Otherwise, I’ll pick one and report back. It’ll be going on a CROM.

I’m one of those people that wants to be able to see the irons through the optic mounted on a CROM - the Holosuns and SIGs I tried mounted too tall to allow this. I took someone here’s suggestion (I can’t remember who) and picked up a Primary Arms SLX-MD-20, it will hold down the fort until I find a reasonable 4 MOA H-1.

They regularly go on sale for cheap: https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...-red-dot-sight
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List