Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli Supernova Tactical?

Benelli Supernova Tactical?

What's the consensus on these guns? I handled one in a store the other day that had a very nice set of rifle sights and the comfortech stock. Looked like a nice package for $479. I've had a standard Nova for about 20-years now and it's been boringly reliable, but I've never asked it to do more than bust clay pigeons at a leisurely pace.

Ive been very pleased with mine.

Site Supporter
    I've had both a Nova and SuperNova Tactical...both 100% reliable, and uncannily accurate with slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I've had both a Nova and SuperNova Tactical...both 100% reliable, and uncannily accurate with slugs.
    What slugs are you using? I'm looking for some hard Brenneke slugs to feed mine but do they make a rifled slug?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    What slugs are you using? I'm looking for some hard Brenneke slugs to feed mine but do they make a rifled slug?
    I use Federal LE127RS TruBall slugs.

Thanks for all the feedback. Are there any issues using 5-shot Velcro shotshell cards on the receiver? Any recommended light mounts or magazine extensions?

Full power remington sluggers@1560fps have always impressed me for accuracy. Brenneke Classic Magnum also.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. Are there any issues using 5-shot Velcro shotshell cards on the receiver? Any recommended light mounts or magazine extensions?
    The handguard hangs over the receiver when all the way back and there are very few if any aftermarket options due to the stop button system on the bottom of the handguard.

Mesa makes a specific side saddle set up to accommodate the handguard but I'm not sure a velcro setup would have enough contact. Might have to go on the buttstock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    As noted, Velcro cards don't work well on the receiver due to the forend overlap and the curved sides (they don't have the slab sides of most shotgun receivers). I used a Mesa side-saddle for awhile but didn't like the extra bulk and eventually just slapped a shell card on the stock.

I've since trimmed this card down to hold four shells...

I use the o.e. Benelli extension, mainly because that's what my first one (Nova) came with. When I bought my SN, I bought the o.e. extension again because I found one NIB for $50. If I had to purchase it at near retail (@ $100+), I'd probably go with a Nordic or S&J. (https://sjhardware.us/product/benell...v=7516fd43adaa).

For a light mount, I initially tried a GG&G light/sling mount combo and then a mag tube clamp w/ rail...but never warmed up to either (didn't like the light being so far forward). I eventually just screwed Magpul rail sections onto the forend and mounted the light there...it's much easier to manipulate.

One of the many evolving iterations, but it shows the light mounted.

Has anyone trimmed a SuperNova stock to a shorter length of pull? Or does the recoil reduction mechanism preclude a stock trim?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List