Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-F preferred way of placing witness marks

P-F preferred way of placing witness marks

On optics' screws, that is. I've tried Sharpies and wife's nail polish. Not happy with either.

I want marks to be thin, precise, bright, and stay on yet not be permanent. What are you all using?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    On optics' screws, that is. I've tried Sharpies and wife's nail polish. Not happy with either.

I want marks to be thin, precise, bright, and stay on yet not be permanent. What are you all using?
    Nail polish. It looks like shit.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter

P-F preferred way of placing witness marks

Sharpie fine point paint pens. Depending on the durability you want, oil based or water based. I’ve got green, orange, white and yellow ones. I used the red regular point ones all the time to mark test articles.

https://www.michaels.com/sharpie-oil...M10288069.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

I generally use a bronze sharpie but it helps to acetone clean it first and put it in a location that won't often rub on gear.

For serious things like my duty and edc sights I use a very carefully applied dab of this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z5CEH8..._xSkOFbE5NE45B

It creates an easy to see reference that will crack if moved. They have lasted for many years on my Glocks.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I don’t have my RMR pistol with me, but I do have the pen I use. They have all sorts of colors and the white, and orange are very bright. The paint will come off with acetone or alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I use a red or orange paint pen

White oil based sharpie similar to the one pictured above, fine tip.

Narrow brush and yellow hobby paint
    P320 - a whole lot of mehh topped off with a "don't drop it" cherry.

Site Supporter
    I didn't have a paint pen so I used a silver Sharpie a few weeks ago. So far, it's still there.
    Name:  20201102_211152.jpg
Views: 3341
Size:  16.0 KB
    --Jason--

Thnx, everyone. I've a ton of Sharpies here but it looks like all of mine are water based. Will try oil based and see how it goes. I

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

For serious things like my duty and edc sights I use a very carefully applied dab of this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z5CEH8..._xSkOFbE5NE45B
    That would be the next step.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List