Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for a Good 22 Rifle

I’ve been idly looking at .22 bolt guns, with Ruger, CZ, and Tikka as the main contenders. From reading rimfire central, it seems that when there are problems, ejection failures are a common theme. Even makers like Anschutz aren’t immune. Here’s a PF thread with recent discussion on the T1X:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ka-T1x-RIMFIRE

Is it really that hard to get reliable ejection from a .22 bolt rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    I’ve been idly looking at .22 bolt guns, with Ruger, CZ, and Tikka as the main contenders. From reading rimfire central, it seems that when there are problems, ejection failures are a common theme. Even makers like Anschutz aren’t immune. Here’s a PF thread with recent discussion on the T1X:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ka-T1x-RIMFIRE

Is it really that hard to get reliable ejection from a .22 bolt rifle?
    I run CCI SV, SK Standard, and Fed Automatch most of the time in my CZ 455. I also have a Ruger American, and rarely have ejection issues in either of them. It's typically because I am being lazy when running the bolt when it happens.

Like a lot of things on the internet, things can be way overblown.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Ejection problems with bolt action .22's, in my experience, are caused mainly from a lack of cleaning and the soft brass and dirty ignition of .22lr ammunition. Keep the extractor clean and free of debris, and work the bolt handle like you mean it, and you likely will have very few ejection issues in quality bolt action .22's. Also, rim diameter of .22 ammunition varies, as do the dimensions of .22 extractors, so finding a brand of ammunition that feeds and ejects well in your rifle can be a useful exercise.

User Tag List