Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current P220s

Current P220s

I’m not a fan of Sig as a company right now but does anyone have any experience with recent Sig P220’s? Are they good to go or are they suffering QA/QC issues too?

I’ve been looking at lightweight 1911’s but I’ve been on a nostalgia kick lately. 25 years ago I bought a P220 as an early wedding gift to myself. I’m kicking around buying another one.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’m not a fan of Sig as a company right now but does anyone have any experience with recent Sig P220’s? Are they good to go or are they suffering QA/QC issues too?

I’ve been looking at lightweight 1911’s but I’ve been on a nostalgia kick lately. 25 years ago I bought a P220 as an early wedding gift to myself. I’m kicking around buying another one.
    If you want a P220, find an old one, pre-2006.

With the exception of some of the $2k German-made custom guns, the current production "Classic" SIG's feel like cheap knockoffs of the excellent originals.

There are so many nice old SIGs out there that there is absolutely no reason to suffer the junk they're producing now.

I own a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm and other than an issue with the rear sight it has been rock solid, as has both of the P226s I own, an Elite RX SAO and a Legion SAO in 9mm, both of which are very accurate and have great triggers.

All have been purchased in the past few years.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've got three short extractor P220s, all TDA .45's. I don't think any top 20k rounds on them but none have been an issue. The only P220 I've routinely heard of as having an issue was the internal extractor stainless models.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

With the exception of some of the $2k German-made custom guns, the current production "Classic" SIG's feel like cheap knockoffs of the excellent originals.

There are so many nice old SIGs out there that there is absolutely no reason to suffer the junk they're producing now.
    I would really like to move on to an external extractor slide on this one.

A few months back I was surprised to see the P220 Nitron was discontinued https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-...full-size.html

though the Legion models were still available.

However, when I went to get the above link, I found they now offer a P220 Nightmare https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-nightmare.html

I guess it gives you the Nitron with more bling.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've got three short extractor P220s, all TDA .45's. I don't think any top 20k rounds on them but none have been an issue. The only P220 I've routinely heard of as having an issue was the internal extractor stainless models.
    Does the current P220 Nitron have a short extractor? I haven’t really paid attention to changes to the 220 line. I don’t know if they changed to long extractors like they did on the 229 or not.

Does the current P220 Nitron have a short extractor? I haven’t really paid attention to changes to the 220 line. I don’t know if they changed to long extractors like they did on the 229 or not.
    The Nitron is still on the website so I don’t know if it’s really gone or not. The nightmare is a very recent addition. I hate Sig thin triggers.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't think there is a current Nitron. The Legion was the last P220 being produced, although based on the poster above you I went to the catalog and they do have a "Nightmare" now. I've never seen a long extractor P220, but since it's Sig I won't swear there isn't one out there somewhere.

The Nitron is still on the website so I don’t know if it’s really gone or not. The nightmare is a very recent addition. I hate Sig thin triggers.
    It is, but note the little graphic above the photo that reads "discontinued".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

Yeah.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/7320040262

Looks like for the 220s if you find one with a serial number around G-386-xxx or earlier you're into pre-Cohen territory. I haven't checked gunbroker lately but when I was looking for a pre-Cohen 226 that list came in handy. There were a surprising number of basically NIB examples, though I don't know how true that is now with covid/riot/election season in full swing.

User Tag List