Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chinese have started knocking off American reloading gear

The Chinese have started knocking off American reloading gear

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Should we all flag the page as having incorrect product information? WUIIEN is not Lee.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Crazy....

Who knows - maybe there is a big reloading community in China....????

It is pretty safe to assume that anyone who has something manufactured in China should expect copies of their products going out the beach door of the factory.

Does Lee have their stuff manufactured in China and the are backdoor items or did the Chinese go and reverse engineer them?

Either way I am getting real tired of Amazon being a vendor of Chinese copies of intellectual property. I try to buy authentic items but it is sometimes hard on Amazon to sort through all the crap. One thing I have noticed is most of the ChiCom knock offs have names that are in “ALL CAPS.”
    Last edited by Suvorov; 11-01-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Reported it to LEE
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

Either way I am getting real tired of Amazon being a vendor of Chinese copies of intellectual property.
    QFT. I’m sure that Bezos and crew wouldn’t be so sanguine about a knock off Amazon selling online in China.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Should we all flag the page as having incorrect product information? WUIIEN is not Lee.
    I did.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    One thing I have noticed is most of the ChiCom knock offs have names that are in “ALL CAPS.”
    That and ghostly floating "thumbs up" hands or intricate decorated bulleted lists of "features".

Chris

Good to know.

Site Supporter
    It's possible that those sellers believe that "Lee" is part of the description of the product, and not part of a brand name. Like "Torx" for example.
    I've seen similar language misunderstandings doing business over there.

Not saying it's ok or that it shouldn't be reported. Heck, Amazon likely doesn't understand it unless someone (like the brand owner) points it out to them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Thanks for pointing this out.

It pays to be super careful when buying on Amazon. I consider the LEE roll crimp dies to be an integral part of my reloading process for numerous cartridges. I don't use their presses at all. I have a few presses that I use and most were bought used as significant savings. There are times and ways to save money but in the long run, it is better to buy quality once, and I have found in reloading gear, you are usually better off buying the items with long track records of proven performance in high volume loading and/or reliability.

Heck, an old CH Company 3 station press that I bought years back at a garage sale in a small mountain community in Idaho for $10 or 1$5, then bought adapters to make it RCBS shell holder compatible, and ended up with $40 total into it is still in service, and likely will be 100 years from now if loading is still legal.

If I recall the press was made in the 1950s?(I can't recall right now, as I researched it a number of years back)

It is one heavy duty chunk of metal.

Anyways, I am not really surprised about this with Amazon anymore. They have become less and less reputable as time goes on, and this is exactly why.

User Tag List