Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Chinese have started knocking off American reloading gear

I'm letting my Prime Membership expire next month. All the Chicomm knockoffs IS part of the reason.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

From what I can find WUIIEN is a vendor for all sorts of stuff and the WUIIEN reloading products are listed as Lee. The funky yellow powder measure is made in China and appear to be the same as the "Smart Reloader", made in China tools (junk)...

Amazon is just OK with me prolly because I research the products I purchase before ordering (like where manufactured).

Site Supporter
    With rimless bottleneck cases dimensions are critical because they use the shoulder to headspace the cartridge case. We can expect difficulties if manufacturers' tolerances vary from the standard.

Site Supporter
    There's a very specific reason I don't purchase my PPE, work, or firearm gear from Amazon.

Site Supporter
    At the expense of preaching to the choir, it seems moderately ironic that when the Chinese knock off gear/items/etc. that we are emotionally connect to, we feel a sense of indignation etc that has or will guide future purchases re their respective country (ies) of origin.

One may wonder is this feeling and action plan present across the consumer panoply? I tend to doubt it outside this community, if at all.

By analogy based on one of my most recent Amazon purchases:

American Branded Product-Wilton-18ish/Made in China
    https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions...sin=B000SABX12

American Branded and American Made-USA Pan - 33ish/Made in the USA
    https://www.amazon.com/USA-Pan-Bakew...et_feature_div

Is the latter 2x as good as the former? IDK but I ponied up the extra figuring supporting USA jobs is not a bad thing and thinking I will never need another mini muffin pan again.

I doubt if the Reloading/Shooting community are the only people concerned with where products are made. Personally, I know several people that check the "Made in..." notation on all their purchases. Most will not purchase anything made in China, and some won't purchase any made in other Asian countries or Mexico, preferring "Made in USA". I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I read an article that "challenged" the reader to go through their home and look at their appliances, furniture, and clothing, etc., to see how many were really "Made in America". Most responders were surprised at the number of items in their homes that supported foreign manufacturers....

I am just one consumer. I know my little effort won't make much if any difference in the whose scheme of things, but I gladly pay a bit extra to get Made in USA goods...

I can't find the article I read re China and Amazon (may even have been on here?), but it was about a guy who developed a product and marketed it on Amazon only to have it cloned by a Chinese scammer who stole his marketing and sales, sent out an inferior product which destroyed his product ratings, then misled consumers to believe the original seller was responsible for warranty claims on their cheap knock off. IIRC, Amazon's response was something along the lines of "sucks to be you."
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Rumor has it that a lot of Hornady reloading equipment is manufactured in China, and most of the Frankford Arsenal products is as well.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List