Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Texas.

Moving to Texas.

I currently reside in New Mexico, about 15 minutes to the Texas border. Honestly I am pretty upset with where this country is headed. I have gotten to the point where I refuse to reside in a blue state and while Texas is not perfectly red, it is way better then where I am at. I've set a budget and made a plan. I should be able to move and buy a house in the next few years. Anyone else doing a big move?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I currently reside in New Mexico, about 15 minutes to the Texas border. Honestly I am pretty upset with where this country is headed. I have gotten to the point where I refuse to reside in a blue state and while Texas is not perfectly red, it is way better then where I am at. I've set a budget and made a plan. I should be able to move and buy a house in the next few years. Anyone else doing a big move?
    Stuck in Colorado for a few years. I totally agree with your motivations and choice. It is frustrating.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I tried to talk my wife into moving to the hill country back 2014. The Only way it’s going to happen is if I win the lottery to bribe all the kids to move there so we can see the grandkids

Grats.

I spent almost two years eating my way through Texas BBQ, trying to find a location to move to. Although it was extremely close, we ended up deciding to stay in FL. But a lot of me resonates very strongly with Tejas in many ways.

Good luck and hope it works out.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Stay a good bit west of I-35. The humidity makes it suck east of I-35. As a New Mexican, you'd hate it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Stay a good bit west of I-35. The humidity makes it suck east of I-35. As a New Mexican, you'd hate it.
    Yes. I have a comrade from Arizona who complains about the humidity in Austin. Being from Houston I just laugh.

I have relatives in Texas. Actually most of my relatives still live there and a good many of them that aren't living died there. Many of those that died there were living there in the late 1800's. I was born there but moved away in the 60's and never claimed residence there since.

Texas will eventually become a blue state just like Arizona. The natives are all dying off and the people from CA who are moving there will eventually turn it blue.

You can run but you can't hide.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-01-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Yes. I have a comrade from Arizona who complains about the humidity in Austin. Being from Houston I just laugh.
    Precise language is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Precise language is always appreciated.
    I see what you did there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have relatives in Texas. Actually most of my relatives still live there and a good many of them that aren't living died there. Many of those that died there were living there in the late 1800's. I was born there but moved away in the 60's and never claimed residence there since.

Texas will eventually become a blue state just like Arizona. The natives are all dying off and the people from CA who are moving there will eventually turn it blue.
    That is “the narrative” but hard numbers say otherwise. During the last Senate race between Bob the fake Mexican and creepy Ted Cruz.

A majority of Beto voters were native Texans from Houston Dallas and the Rio Grande Valley, while a majority of Republican voters were transplants.

Like everywhere else the biggest divide is rural versus urban. Even a purple Texas would really be a sea of red with a few big blue spots.

User Tag List