Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Texas.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I see what you did there.
    I’m just channeling my inner Maya Angelou.

I'm not stupid, i know people turning blue is like a plague. What I find solace in is that many of the Texans I've met hate commies as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is “the narrative” but hard numbers say otherwise. During the last Senate race between Bob the fake Mexican and creepy Ted Cruz.

A majority of Beto voters were native Texans from Houston Dallas and the Rio Grande Valley, while a majority of Republican voters were transplants.

Like everywhere else the biggest divide is rural versus urban. Even a purple Texas would really be a sea of red with a few big blue spots.
    Your description is accurate. CO would be a good example of your "sea of red with a few big blue spots". Even here in WA everything east of the mountains is red. So acreage doesn't account for much.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I’m trying to talk the wife into moving to Texas. She can work from anywhere, my career would make things a little harder. But enough is enough, this summer was my tipping point I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Your description is accurate. CO would be a good example of your "sea of red with a few big blue spots".
    MN too. The Twin Cities metro area and a few other medium/large cities are blue, but most of the rest of the state is red.

Come on. With the insane amount of people flooding Texas, we need as many sane people as possible. With that in mind, real estate in many parts of Texas right now is unlike anyone has ever seen, so don’t drag your feet.

Our only request is, if you move here, become a Texan. Don't bring anyplace else here with you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We're looking to move out of nova at any point between now and 1-2 years from now, depending on when and where I can get the next career move set up. I honestly never thought I'd leave Virginia, but I fear this state, or at least this particular area, is a goner.

I've only been to Texas once, but the people there were awesome, so that's on my list, along with Southwest VA, Tennessee, Kentucky or WVA. Basically it's Texas, or somewhere along the old Blue Ridge where I can grab a 50 acre spread and be left alone.

Lucky guys...I’m stuck in Oceania....for now.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That is “the narrative” but hard numbers say otherwise. During the last Senate race between Bob the fake Mexican and creepy Ted Cruz.

A majority of Beto voters were native Texans from Houston Dallas and the Rio Grande Valley, while a majority of Republican voters were transplants.

Like everywhere else the biggest divide is rural versus urban. Even a purple Texas would really be a sea of red with a few big blue spots.
    Thank you. I don't think I've spent more than a week in California total and even I feel like they get a bad rap on this one.

It isn't politics that the CA expats needs to leave behind, it's the bad driving.

User Tag List