Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Security Six in .22 - they make an 8-shot .22 SP101.
    Too small for my hands. I need the analog to a K22.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I would buy a GP-100 in 22lr over any current production S&W M617. The GP-100 22's I've handled have all been well put together, aside from the usual sharp edges I've encountered on almost every stainless Ruger revolver made in the last 10 years.

I’d like to see some more Super GP100 models but in 6 shot 44 Special/Magnum, 41 Magnum and 45 Colt models. 4, 5 and 6 inch barrels with full and half under lugs. Lose the signature cuts in the barrel shroud and call it good. And bring back the Hawkeye Magnum series. Didn’t know about them until after production stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    The top-strap thickness of the GP100 is more than sufficient for a removeable optics plate with an integral rear sight. Milling out a recess in the strap also would have the added benefit of eliminating the rear-sight cross-pin which is a perennial failure point.
    Interestingly, the reason that all the small RDS optic mounts for the GP100 fail to hold zero is they don’t use that crosspin.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    I’d like to see some more Super GP100 models but in 6 shot 44 Special/Magnum, 41 Magnum and 45 Colt models. 4, 5 and 6 inch barrels with full and half under lugs. Lose the signature cuts in the barrel shroud and call it good. And bring back the Hawkeye Magnum series. Didn’t know about them until after production stopped.
    I'd like a big bore DA Ruger too.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I don’t see the LCRxL “replacing” the GP line—two different tools. The whole point of the 6-shot LCR DAO 3” is to have a shootable “standard capacity” carry revolver par excellence (along the lines of the old FBI issue 13/65 or the 3” NY-1), with model 12-ish feather weight, a creamy custom-ish trigger, and real sight options.

The whole point of the GP is to have a fistful of real steel that can shoot anything from match wadcutter .38 up to buffalo bore 180 grain outdoorsman—the latter being a thing that I wouldn’t want to do in an LCR, even a big one. JMO.

This is, incidentally, why my version of the wish is a .38. Keep the weight down and take advantage of the shootability. A .357 chambering would just add weight. If an LCRxL has to come in at, say, 23-24oz, what’s the point in having one?

If they made a “smedium” frame 3” 6-shot LCR in .38 you’d hear wind rushing off the edges of my debit card as I put a down payment at the LGS.
    This. If it's available in California, I'd be an early adopter. Note the emphasis added on sights, just because a revolver is concealable doesn't mean that it needs to have vestigial little sight remnants... that's how to lose the over-40 market in a hurry... although Ruger is in general already better about this than some of the competition.

Site Supporter
    Either on the SP101 frame or LCR frame, I could live with either.

6 shot .38 special

Good sights

DAO with an exposed bobbed hammer. At least with the SP 101 this is already made.

As sleek and small as possible while still being shootable.

Forgive my ignorance, but some of the stuff that’s being requested seems like it exists in Redhawk land, but people don’t seem to like the Redhawk. Why?

A 6-shot .38 LCR would be pretty sweet. Maybe we should all be buying .327s instead and reload for .32 H&R Mag?

How about a pic-rail on a GP100 to add a light? S&W has had one in the R8 for quite some time.

I’m on board with better and more aftermarket-friendly sight options, too. It just makes no sense to me for the tiny 1950s sight channel to still be the norm on so many revolvers. That’s honestly the most appealing thing about the WC models to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but some of the stuff that’s being requested seems like it exists in Redhawk land, but people don’t seem to like the Redhawk. Why?

A 6-shot .38 LCR would be pretty sweet. Maybe we should all be buying .327s instead and reload for .32 H&R Mag?

How about a pic-rail on a GP100 to add a light? S&W has had one in the R8 for quite some time.
    For me, the peg frame of the GP makes finding grips that fit my wee little hands easier. Yeah, the Super Redhawk has that configuration, but four inch barrels aren’t a factory option.

User Tag List