Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Much of what I see, in this thread, reminds me of discussions I saw in gun magazines, and some books, decades ago. Folks wanted a warmer .41 than Long Colt, and yet not as powerful as .41 Magnum. Some dubbed it .41 Special, and others advocated for the term “.41 Police.”

One prominent author wrote that he believed that a .41 Magnum GP100 would be become a reality, and indicated that he would stand in line, in the rain, to get one, or words to that effect.

I remember a Remington factory load, for the .44 Mag, with ballistics that could be called .44 “extra-Special.” The bullets were flat-point, but with a rounded shoulder. A local gun store sold this load, and I used it for some of my training. IIRC, I loaded it into my duty speed-loaders, as my favored JHPs were so rare and expensive. (I carried a Model 629 while on duty, for a year, March 1984 to March 1985.)
    I started in Law Enforcement with the Harris Co TX SO in the early 80’s. A few guys carried S&W .41 mag revolvers usually with the 210gr lead semi wadcutter “LE” load at 950fps.

I believe that the .44 load you are describing is the “mid-range” load that was a 240gr lead semi wadcutter at @1,000fps if memory serves they were bad to lead the bore. I carried a 4” M-29 for a year or more loaded with Speer 200gr JHP factory ammo. It was a bit “blasty”, but I also had two spare speedloaders of Remington’s 240gr jacked soft point ammo in the door pocket in case something really needed a hole punched thru it, the joys of excess testosterone and youth!

I like to see the head of Ruger's Custom Shop get smacked in the head with a dictionary, then told what the word "custom" means.

I'd like to be able to order from a drop down menu.

Say a Blackhawk:
    large frame or flat top
    choice of barrel length
    choice of grip frame
    choice of hammer spur

There are a number of combinations, not currently offered, that could be cobbled together from existing parts.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    When that's finished, the dictionary wielder should head on over to S&W and tell the guy in charge of the Performance Center what the word "performance" means.

But yeah, I think your concept is one of the things I've suggested using the "Tell the president" form in the past. Don't forget stainless/blue, choice of stocks, choice of sights, convertible cylinders...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

A 10mm GP100 would be the last thing in the world I need, but I do have about 3k 40S&W rounds loaded, and I always wanted a 10mm, and then there is this:

Name:  GP100.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  33.2 KB

I have only fired a few rounds from friend's pistols, but 10mm didn't seem as flashy as 357, and if you do not pick up any more bulk, I guess all that wall thickness between chambers is just taking up space...

My problem seems to be I never want to get into a caliber that is specific to just one of my guns, so the slippery slope could/would end up costing a buttload. I ruined some 223 cases and decided I could save them if I converted them into 300BO. I sure wouldn't want to put together a spreadsheet that shows how much money I spent saving those cases!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    There are a number of combinations, not currently offered, that could be cobbled together from existing parts.
    Didn't somebody say they would do that, ya just got to get a group buy organized, with you and 999 of your buddies (ETA: I think it was @Tokarev was who said 1k pieces was the tipping point?).

I loved the episode where Homer designed his perfect car, and the prototype went straight to the crusher

Name:  Homer Car.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  30.4 KB

Not another dime.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Here is my list:

This one hurts, but....I would like to see Ruger retire the Redhawk and use the Super Redhawk action for their .44's and up. I think Bowen hit it out of the park with the GP-44. It hurts because my first handgun was a Redhawk that I bought when I was 15 or so. I still have it and it still shoots great, but the GP/Super Redhawk is a smoother action. A factory GP-44 4" 45 Colt would be a dream gun for me. If they don't want to do this, bring back the 45 Colt Redhawk in a 4" version.

I would like to see more GP's with 1/2 lugs and more choices with 3" barrels. I like the idea of the 3" Match Champion.

And since someone added a rifle, I would like to see them bring back the Model 44 Carbine in both .44 and .357. I would be good with a rotary mag or the tube.

A six shot LCR in 32 HR mag on the 38 frame.

Jason

3" LCRx in .327 FedMag

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I am always reassured by how many real life situations can be directly linked to an episode of either The Simpsons or King of the Hill..

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I am always reassured by how many real life situations can be directly linked to an episode of either The Simpsons or King of the Hill..
    Long before I ever moved to Texas, a buddy who went to Baylor told me that King of the Hill is a documentary about living in Texas.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List