Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Ruger revolver wish...

8 shot 9mm sporting a 5 1/2" barrel with Bowen style target rear sight and interchangeable front.
    Probably have to be on a slimed down Super Redhawk?

5" HEAVY barreled Blackhawk in 454 Probably have to mill in or make integral the ejector housing.
    My need to be a 5 hole cylinder. High quality target sights. Bisley grip!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Do #2 above as a 6 shot in .38 special with a 3" barrel, fixed sights
    Agreed. Or even better, the sight set up that the WC 3” GP100s have. Pre cut for moon clips.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Many of their models need to come "optics ready", as Glock has done, with a MOS style topstrap.

The rear sight still in place, but with a removable plate so an RMR type RDO can be added.

My only wish is for someone to make a red dot mount for GP100 series guns that actually holds zero.

The top-strap thickness of the GP100 is more than sufficient for a removeable optics plate with an integral rear sight. Milling out a recess in the strap also would have the added benefit of eliminating the rear-sight cross-pin which is a perennial failure point.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thanks to @Tokarev - I now know there is (theoretically) a way to contact the CEO of Ruger and tell them what I (we) want to see in products they produce. I believe we should organize our efforts, the P-F Revolver Lobby, to lobby Ruger to build us the best damn carry and competition oriented revolvers out there.

With this in mind - we should - create a wishlist.

@jetfire @Hizzie_b @Sherman A. House DDS @OlongJohnson @Stephanie B @03RN @Lost River @Lon @Totem Polar @Rex G @fatdog @P.E. Kelley @Dagga Boy @Tamara - @AnyoneWhoLovesRevolvers

In the last few days (literally) I've noted a few things folks would like to see from Ruger

1) 3" LCR in .327 Magnum
    2) LCR 'xL' a stretched/enlarged LCR frame in .45CP/.44 Special (i.e., a better Charter Bulldog)
    3) Super GP100 in .45 ACP

___

In addition to new models what features/changes/updates to the existing Ruger revolver line would you like made?

___

Also, we need to name a chief lobbyist.
    #2, but I agree with @fatdog that a six shot .38, sort of like a M65 Ladysmith, would be great.

(Or a 3"Speed Six)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Replace the Redhawk with a revolver that looks like a Redhawk but has the grip stud and lockwork like a Super Redhawk/GP100. Offer it in all the same chamberings as the current Redhawk.

More revolvers with dovetailed fixed sights like the Wiley Clapp models. Particularly 7-shot .357 GP100's and maybe a .44 special.

6-shot .38 special LCR

5-shot .45 GP100 (if it's even possible)

Carry Hawk on the flat top frame with plowhandle grips.

Single Six (single five?) .357 mag.

3" 6-shot .327 LCR (I don't know why this isn't already an option)
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 11-01-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    (Or a 3"Speed Six)
    +1 on this.

Make something like a Security Six in 22 LR.

Put the Super Redhawk grip arrangement on the Redhawk.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    6-shot SP101 in .38/.357
    https://ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1763.html

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I'd like to have Ruger revolvers with a S&W K-Frame trigger feel.
    No. Because it'll be leaf spring instead of coil spring. Defeating the purpose of the more reliable Ruger action.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Ruger revolver wish...
    8 shot 9mm sporting a 5 1/2" barrel with Bowen style target rear sight and interchangeable front.
    Probably have to be on a slimed down Super Redhawk?

Pretty close to The Super GP100 - 9mm? https://ruger.com/products/superGP10...eets/5066.html

5" HEAVY barreled Blackhawk in 454 Probably have to mill in or make integral the ejector housing.
    My need to be a 5 hole cylinder. High quality target sights. Bisley grip!
    This one? https://ruger.com/products/newModelS...eets/0873.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Replace the Redhawk with a revolver that looks like a Redhawk but has the grip stud and lockwork like a Super Redhawk/GP100. Offer it in all the same chamberings as the current Redhawk.
    So basically just get rid of the Redhawk and replace it with the Super GP100.

More revolvers with dovetailed fixed sights like the Wiley Clapp models. Particularly 7-shot .357 GP100's and maybe a .44 special.
    That would be good.

6-shot .38 special LCR

5-shot .45 GP100 (if it's even possible)
    If a 5-shot .44 is possible a 5-shot .45 is possible.

Carry Hawk on the flat top frame with plowhandle grips.
    All the Blackhawks are basically identical. The only difference between the Carryhawk and a normal Blackhawk is the bird's head grip and v-shaped rear sight which is available easily.

Single Six (single five?) .357 mag.
    That would be cool.

3" 6-shot .327 LCR (I don't know why this isn't already an option)
    Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    +1 on this.

Make something like a Security Six in 22 LR.

Put the Super Redhawk grip arrangement on the Redhawk.

Okie John
    Right more Super GP100 versions.

Security Six in .22 - they make an 8-shot .22 SP101.

2 3/4” 6 shot SP101 in 38sp - i.e. an updated Speed Six. Keep it as sleek an as slim lined as possible to show it is different and smaller than a GP100.

3” LCRx in 32HR mag - without having to deal with 327 level pressure, maybe they could even squeeze in a 7th round. This would be a good “old person gun”, or even a good go-to for the new gun person who never shot but is interested in self-protection
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List