Thread: S&W security key?

S&W security key?

My cousin just bought a NIB 686+ from a friend of mine, but the key for the frame-mounted lock was not in the box.
    I doubt that he will go the plug route, so I want to find him a key to have available just in case. Does anyone have a source?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I've never activated the lock on any if my revolvers with locks. I still keep a key on my key chain just in case.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've always wondered if you could find some kind of plastic straw to turn them with, like the Bic pen tube turning a Kryptonite lock. It doesn't even have the tumblers, it's just an irregular spline setup. The right thickness paper clip bent might work.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Look underneath the foam padding in the box -- they're often there. If not, contact S&W -- they'll send a set gratis, usually.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Gentlemen, thanks for the replies.

Fatdog and whomever hooked me up!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List