Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    do a Mini-Garand with eight round enblocs.
    I need this.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    I need this.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
    In 6.5 Grendel.

#2 for me in 45 LC please!

If we’re talking Ruger 1911s now, I’d love to see:

* a CCO in both .45 and 9mm
    * round butt / fastback variants
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    In more practical terms it would make sense, to me anyway, for Ruger to introduce a hicap 1911 built on the Caspian format. As I understand it, Ruger makes the castings that Caspian uses to produce the frames so launching a complete gun shouldn't be too big a stretch. Mags might be an issue but I assume Mec-Gar could provide appropriate mags in various calibers.

This gun would be available in a couple size options. Government obviously but also some form of Commander or Officer or CCO. The Government would be cut for a red dot and would be a poor man's version of the Staccato P while the compact would be a cheaper version of the Staccato C or Wilson compact 9mm.

Another line of products that surely the engineers have looked at.
    What about the CZ DWX Compact. If it works out I think Id rather have that than a 1911. A gun set up to run 9mm from the get go.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    What about the CZ DWX Compact. If it works out I think Id rather have that than a 1911. A gun set up to run 9mm from the get go.
    I would personally rather have a 1911 hicap although the CZ would no doubt be a nice gun.

Ruger could likely easily enough tweak the Caspian frame or engineer something else that takes 1911 thumb and grip safety components that's built on a refined 9mm mag. In theory this new hypothetical frame could be made smaller in circumference since it wouldn't be made to work with .38 Not So Super or .45 Auto.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I would personally rather have a 1911 hicap although the CZ would no doubt be a nice gun.

Ruger could likely easily enough tweak the Caspian frame or engineer something else that takes 1911 thumb and grip safety components that's built on a refined 9mm mag. In theory this new hypothetical frame could be made smaller in circumference since it wouldn't be made to work with .38 Not So Super or .45 Auto.

In that case I might be interested. Do you envision a linkless no bushing set up? And personally Id like to see the grip safety go away.

In that case I might be interested. Do you envision a linkless no bushing set up? And personally Id like to see the grip safety go away.
    I envision a standard 1911 as much as possible. It would appeal to the broader market and also allow customers to have the gun customized later on. Part of the fun of owning a 1911 is blowing money on different parts....

I envision a standard 1911 as much as possible. It would appeal to the broader market and also allow customers to have the gun customized later on. Part of the fun of owning a 1911 is blowing money on different parts....

Yes I get you on the customization aspect.
    I will say if they do do this I would prefer the sight cut to be something that has the widest possible alternatives already available. Thats my biggest hang up with the DWX. And the msrp price.

Yes I get you on the customization aspect.
    I will say if they do do this I would prefer the sight cut to be something that has the widest possible alternatives already available. Thats my biggest hang up with the DWX. And the msrp price.
    Probably the true market competition would come from the BUL SAS II TAC or whatever it is called and the Rock Island Wide Body. I would lump the Para Ordnance in here as well but I don't think that name exists anymore with the demise of Remington.

Ideally the gun would be a 4.25-ish barrel, an aluminum frame with light rail and some type of red dot adapter setup. That's probably the easy part. Mags might be an issue. If they end up being more than probably $45 at the most the gun will flounder.

Massive thread drift but I'd assume Ruger could make something about like this:

https://www.rainierarms.com/bul-armo...tol-9mm-black/

They could use a casting for the upper frame section and a polymer lower ala STI easily enough. This ultimately might be the better option than a fully metal frame. It would allow for future grip length/size/color options.

Last edited by Tokarev; 11-22-2020 at 02:38 PM.

User Tag List