Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Thanks to @Tokarev - I now know there is (theoretically) a way to contact the CEO of Ruger and tell them what I (we) want to see in products they produce. I believe we should organize our efforts, the P-F Revolver Lobby, to lobby Ruger to build us the best damn carry and competition oriented revolvers out there.

With this in mind - we should - create a wishlist.

@jetfire @Hizzie_b @Sherman A. House DDS @OlongJohnson @Stephanie B @03RN @Lost River @Lon @Totem Polar @Rex G @fatdog @P.E. Kelley @Dagga Boy @Tamara - @AnyoneWhoLovesRevolvers

In the last few days (literally) I've noted a few things folks would like to see from Ruger

1) 3" LCR in .327 Magnum
    2) LCR 'xL' a stretched/enlarged LCR frame in .45CP/.44 Special (i.e., a better Charter Bulldog)
    3) Super GP100 in .45 ACP

___

In addition to new models what features/changes/updates to the existing Ruger revolver line would you like made?

___

Also, we need to name a chief lobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thanks to @Tokarev - I now know there is (theoretically) a way to contact the CEO of Ruger and tell them what I (we) want to see in products they produce. I believe we should organize our efforts, the P-F Revolver Lobby, to lobby Ruger to build us the best damn carry and competition oriented revolvers out there.

With this in mind - we should - create a wishlist.

@jetfire @Hizzie_b @Sherman A. House DDS @OlongJohnson @Stephanie B @03RN @Lost River @Lon @Totem Polar @Rex G @fatdog @P.E. Kelley @Dagga Boy @Tamara - @AnyoneWhoLovesRevolvers

In the last few days (literally) I've noted a few things folks would like to see from Ruger

1) 3" LCR in .327 Magnum
    2) LCR 'xL' a stretched/enlarged LCR frame in .45CP/.44 Special (i.e., a better Charter Bulldog)
    3) Super GP100 in .45 ACP

___

In addition to new models what features/changes/updates to the existing Ruger revolver line would you like made?

___

Also, we need to name a chief lobbyist.
    Do #2 above as a 6 shot in .38 special with a 3" barrel, fixed sights

I'd like to have Ruger revolvers with a S&W K-Frame trigger feel.

Following with interest.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Do #2 above as a 6 shot in .38 special with a 3" barrel, fixed sights
    The "medium frame" LCR would be, ideally, a whole new line of guns. 38, 357, 327, 44, etc. Pretty much a modern version (or even replacement of) much of the GP100 line.

This can't be a novel idea. Surely Ruger engineers have had this stuff on the drawing board for a decade. It must be the marketing and sales folks who are gumming up the works.

If Ruger made a K-frameish gun in the style of the LCR, a steel subframed hammerless .357 with fixed sights (bit higher profile than on the LCR kinda like upgrading from a J to a K) and 3" tube would rock my world. But I'd just run 38 Special in it while enjoying greater if perhaps misplaced, faith in the steel over aluminum plus more recoil mitigation.

Also release optional boot grips with integral belt tongue like the Hip-Grip or Desantis Clip-Grip.

And a 4" model with exposed hammer and adjustable sights.

Failing that, love the idea to do up a Bulldog worth owning.
    Last edited by SCCY Marshal; 11-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.

6-shot SP101 in .38/.357
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    I want the 7 shot Bird's Head SAA Single Seven. It already exists but a wish list gun.

In more practical terms it would make sense, to me anyway, for Ruger to introduce a hicap 1911 built on the Caspian format. As I understand it, Ruger makes the castings that Caspian uses to produce the frames so launching a complete gun shouldn't be too big a stretch. Mags might be an issue but I assume Mec-Gar could provide appropriate mags in various calibers.

This gun would be available in a couple size options. Government obviously but also some form of Commander or Officer or CCO. The Government would be cut for a red dot and would be a poor man's version of the Staccato P while the compact would be a cheaper version of the Staccato C or Wilson compact 9mm.

Another line of products that surely the engineers have looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    In more practical terms it would make sense, to me anyway, for Ruger to introduce a hicap 1911 built on the Caspian format. As I understand it, Ruger makes the castings that Caspian uses to produce the frames so launching a complete gun shouldn't be too big a stretch. Mags might be an issue but I assume Mec-Gar could provide appropriate mags in various calibers.

This gun would be available in a couple size options. Government obviously but also some form of Commander or Officer or CCO. The Government would be cut for a red dot and would be a poor man's version of the Staccato P while the compact would be a cheaper version of the Staccato C or Wilson compact 9mm.

Another line of products that surely the engineers have looked at.
    Oh hell yes!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

User Tag List