Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Probably the true market competition would come from the BUL SAS II TAC or whatever it is called and the Rock Island Wide Body. I would lump the Para Ordnance in here as well but I don't think that name exists anymore with the demise of Remington.

Ideally the gun would be a 4.25-ish barrel, an aluminum frame with light rail and some type of red dot adapter setup. That's probably the easy part. Mags might be an issue. If they end up being more than probably $45 at the most the gun will flounder.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Im interested. Ive always wondered why we couldnt get something like this. Slim slide to reduce the bulge at the belt and higher capacity set up to run 9mm. I hope it comes to fruition. I havent seen much about them has the BUL been a good platform?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    has the BUL been a good platform?
    I don't remember all my 1911 history but I think BUL and Kimber had a pretty good relationship at one time or another. I think BUL made the parts in Israel and they were fit and finished by Kimber. BUL had a similar relationship with Wilson IIRC.

I don't know if that's indicative of what kind of complete pistol they produce but at least they can make decent castings or forgings, etc.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    In that case I might be interested. Do you envision a linkless no bushing set up? And personally Id like to see the grip safety go away.
    Wasn’t this called a Browning HiPower?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Wasn’t this called a Browning HiPower?
    I’d love to see an affordable, USA made P35. I think that would sell. If anyone could make it happen, it’d be Ruger.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    I’d love to see an affordable, USA made P35. I think that would sell. If anyone could make it happen, it’d be Ruger.
    I'd like to see it without the magazine disconnect interlock, with a Sig-style lockup of the barrel hood into the slide rather than the ancient method, and with no brazed bushing in the slide so the whole thing can be nitrided. Then plan the metallurgy to work when nitrided and offer nitrided versions from the factory. And if the lockwork is going to be MIM, redesign the pieces properly so it doesn't suck. Add enough beavertail but not a ridiculous exaggerated one, and a hammer that works with said beavertail. Proper checkering of the front strap.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd like to see it without the magazine disconnect interlock, with a Sig-style lockup of the barrel hood into the slide rather than the ancient method, and with no brazed bushing in the slide so the whole thing can be nitrided. Then plan the metallurgy to work when nitrided and offer nitrided versions from the factory. And if the lockwork is going to be MIM, redesign the pieces properly so it doesn't suck. Add enough beavertail but not a ridiculous exaggerated one, and a hammer that works with said beavertail. Proper checkering of the front strap.
    While we’re at it, get rid of the goofy toggle like slide stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    IÂ’d love to see an affordable, USA made P35. I think that would sell. If anyone could make it happen, itÂ’d be Ruger.
    There's a fellow on another forum I visit occasionally who's been working on importing some Hungarian firearms. In his travels around that country he has found, among other things, a fairly large batch of unfinished PJK-9HP frames and slides. Last I heard, he has been unable to find a US buyer.

I don't know how many are available nor how much work is left to make them complete pistols. Maybe they are more work than they're worth. Also unknown how many small parts might be available. Frames and slides aren't worth anything without the rest of the parts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    And an improved thumb safety.

The P35 is a gun I wish I could have tried when it was still being made.

User Tag List