Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruger Revolver Wishlist

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I confess I haven't read through all 13 pages but in case no one else has suggested it, my wish would be for Ruger to stop making such (expletive deleted) ugly revolvers. Going from the clean proportions of the Security-Six to the GP-100 was sad. Then comes the LCR. Good grief!

Dave
    LCR, yes.

I prefer the GP-100 to the six series, though, particularly the "specials" like Match Champion and Wiley Clapp. I have almost as much revulsion to the lawyer rollmark on Ruger as I do to keyholes on Smiths...ok, maybe half the revulsion. 40%. But still some revulsion.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    LCR, yes.

I prefer the GP-100 to the six series, though, particularly the "specials" like Match Champion and Wiley Clapp. I have almost as much revulsion to the lawyer rollmark on Ruger as I do to keyholes on Smiths...ok, maybe half the revulsion. 40%. But still some revulsion.
    Did they finally do away with the ridiculous rollmark? I just looked at the pics of the 1755 GP-100 Match Champion on Ruger’s website and didn’t see it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    BB,

I'd forgotten about the lawyer crap. You're right. I certainly adds to the ugly when it's all over the barrel.

Since I don't own one, where do they put it on the LCRs?

Dave

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    BB,

I'd forgotten about the lawyer crap. You're right. I certainly adds to the ugly when it's all over the barrel.

Since I don't own one, where do they put it on the LCRs?

Dave
    Same place, but it's more brief now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Did they finally do away with the ridiculous rollmark? I just looked at the pics of the 1755 GP-100 Match Champion on Ruger’s website and didn’t see it.
    It's a very small mark on the bottom of the underlying. I can't recall exactly the wording, but it's much shorter. Like "read manual".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Now that I think about it they made it lower profile on my Vaq, too. I remember my early 80s Super Blackhawk had the huge banner on the side, it was horrid.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Ruger moved the warning label to beneath the barrel beginning with the New Vaqueros around 2006-2007.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    When I had a chance to buy a pre-rollmark Security Six, I jumped on it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What about a 5-shot GP100 in 44 Mag?

The cylinder walls would be pretty thin but there might be enough "give" in the design to increase the size of the cylinder fractionally.

Also, from what I remember from my LCR armorer class, Ruger uses a secret alloy in the 357 Mag cylinder. Could this alloy be used to strengthen the GP100 to take 44 Mag pressure?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'm gonna say no to this. If you want a magnum buy a magnum gun. Here is the caveat, I load my own ammo and don't have to rely on weak factory stuff. It has already been hit on but someone needs to do the R&D to get a SAAMI approved .44 Special +P listing. A 250ish grain bullet at 950 to 100 fps, this +P not Elmer Keith loads.

I think the other issue is not the cylinder walls but the forcing cone. Its really thin on my guns. I think Ruger has gone as big as they can an a GP frame.

Site Supporter
    If S&W can make a 5-shot 44 Mag on an L-frame (M-69) why is it Ruger can't manage the same thing on the GP-100? I don't want one but I think S&W needs the competition.

Dave

4 inch Super GP in 45 Colt or 44 Mag.

User Tag List