Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "When adrenaline kicks in I'll be able to do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Interestingly his buddy is a BJJ Blackbelt at my gym. They are in Mankind together.
    https://mankindproject.org
    That looks like something for men who sit down to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It's not about adrenaline at all. It's about pride & embarrassment.
    A thing I have caught myself doing is maybe answering a bit overabundantly. Guns are one of the few things I am comfortable saying I know a lot about, and @Clusterfrack knows more than I do, perhaps the neighbor could also be intimidated by the level of knowledge? Not making an assumption, just reflecting on something I have caught myself doing in the past. I belatedly came to the conclusion that everyone who asks me something doesn't want to be me

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    At 68 I've had to admit to myself that I'm not as strong as I used to be...and my cardio's not as good either.
    My shooting skill, (such as it is), has held up well thus far, thankfully.
    I am only a handful of years behind you, but my shooting is the best it has ever been. Probably because I have evolved away from some of my other huge time sucks (boats, constantly motorcycling, yada) so I am even more dedicated to my shooting. And I have probably lost most of whatever mojo I probably never had, so I am VERY diligent about carrying the pesky gun!
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-05-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The guy told me he bought a crossbow pistol that should take care of any trouble, and he knows where to find me if things get really bad.
    Well, he's well prepared for the Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Well, he's well prepared for the Thunderdome.
    I hope his name is Fletcher.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The BHP has an extremely heavy hammer or main spring. Cocking the hammer first will make retracting the slide easier.
    This man is at risk of having a ND because he may insist on lowering the hammer on a live round. My guess is he has never fired the weapon and does not know how to operate his pistol. If it's an older version, the pistol may not feed hollow points.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The BHP has an extremely heavy hammer or main spring. Cocking the hammer first will make retracting the slide easier.
    This man is at risk of having a ND because he may insist on lowering the hammer on a live round. My guess is he has never fired the weapon and does not know how to operate his pistol. If it's an older version, the pistol may not feed hollow points.
    Thanks. That is good info, and I did mention thumbing the hammer before racking the slide.

Actually I took him and his BHP to the range 5 or so years ago. He was competent and careful. I remember him trying my Glock 19. He looked at it like it was a Yugo and his BHP was a '60s Mustang, and said something like "Wow, that's a really ugly gun".
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    That looks like something for men who sit down to pee.
    Yeah, it's not my thing at all but they seem to like it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I personally never rose to the occasion. I also had a mistake in every combat situation. I either made a bad tactical decision or my manipulation of my carbine was not ideal. I found that I had so much shit going on in my head that my body took over decision making and manipulation. It was so bad/ good one time I had no idea I did a tactical reload and was worried how many rounds I had in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I personally never rose to the occasion. I also had a mistake in every combat situation.
    Pretty sure I never even did things right in simple competitions while on a timer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Pretty sure I never even did things right in simple competitions while on a timer.
    I did basically nothing right in BJJ competitions.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List