Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Combat Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    "Combat" revolver is in the title of this thread... You don't combat animals dozens of times in a year, do you?
    I don't think you get it. Hunting is the closest you can get to combat with out going to combat. There is nothing on a square range that can equal a live target. Even the lowly jack rabbit is a better adversary than a paper silhouette.

I spent many days walking the desert shooting jacks, grouse and other targets of opportunity. I have hunted and taken big game with a pistol. I have learned a lot from doing those things, something I wish I had done before I went to actual combat. You see, when you have something that is alive and a will to live, they tent to not sit still. This creates different and challenging variables such as but not limited to, moving targets, targets of unknown distance, targets behind cover/concealment, etc. Some of them will even defend themselves. I haven't had to shoot a charging boar or bear, yet. Then there is the shooter side of things, surprise, buck fever/adrenaline rush, unstable footing, improper grip/shooting stance, etc.

Pistol vs revolver, the only thing I have here is, you do include magazines in with parts for a pistol right? I don't think a Glock would go 25k without some type of PMCS especially when you include mags as part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post

Pistol vs revolver, the only thing I have here is, you do include magazines in with parts for a pistol right? I don't think a Glock would go 25k without some type of PMCS especially when you include mags as part of it.
    I feel like reading the Pistol-Training archives should be mandatory before joining this forum so people wouldn't say stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I don't think you get it. Hunting is the closest you can get to combat with out going to combat. There is nothing on a square range that can equal a live target. Even the lowly jack rabbit is a better adversary than a paper silhouette.

I spent many days walking the desert shooting jacks, grouse and other targets of opportunity. I have hunted and taken big game with a pistol. I have learned a lot from doing those things, something I wish I had done before I went to actual combat. You see, when you have something that is alive and a will to live, they tent to not sit still. This creates different and challenging variables such as but not limited to, moving targets, targets of unknown distance, targets behind cover/concealment, etc. Some of them will even defend themselves. I haven't had to shoot a charging boar or bear, yet. Then there is the shooter side of things, surprise, buck fever/adrenaline rush, unstable footing, improper grip/shooting stance, etc.

That's why I specifically mentioned the revolver is great as a "flexible field gun", and for "hunting"

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I feel like reading the Pistol-Training archives should be mandatory before joining this forum so people wouldn't say stuff like this.
    Get off your high horse, pro...

As many have said in this same thread before, replacing mags, recoil/FP springs, extractors and even most small parts in a modern semiauto is very fast and easy, no fitting required. Not so much in a revolver.

Get off your high horse, pro...

As many have said in this same thread before, replacing mags, recoil/FP springs, extractors and even most small parts in a modern semiauto is very fast and easy, no fitting required. Not so much in a revolver.
    Dude, I'm talking about the guy saying he didn't think a Glock would do 25k when Todd literally did that. That's what I was talking about. Maybe take a chill pill.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Dude, I'm talking about the guy saying he didn't think a Glock would do 25k when Todd literally did that. That's what I was talking about. Maybe take a chill pill.

I was here for that. Todd did a lot of things. I have tried to replicate a few that he accomplished and have choked. I blame the Indian on for some of my failures in where he succeeded and some of mine were the arrow. YMMV Just sayin...

I was thinking about this while I was pouring another cup of coffee, I probably should have said" I don't think I could get a Glock to 25k without PMCS" .
    Last edited by Crazy Dane; 11-12-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Defense against people was implied... sorry not to put it more specifically

But let me ask: do you shoot dozens of times a year in self defense against animals?
    No, thats part of my point. We're talking about a combat revolver and who here is in combat currently. And if they are how much are they using their handgun. If I had a m10 back in Fallujah i have no doubt it would have sat in my holster juust fine and fired the few times i pulled the trigger of that m9.

Furthermore my point was that the gun I chose to carry for defensive use IS used very often for other tasks but never for combat, knock on wood. Let alone high round counts with multiple reloads

Hunting can be combat... 🤣

Name:  1CDFEF2A-F6EA-4B84-9B70-1AD0752435A6.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  41.8 KB

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Well...I had the unfortunate opportunity to smack a whitetail with my truck on Tuesday evening. First time in 30+ years of driving up north. Poor guy ended up busted up really bad in the opposite side road culvert. I did the humane thing and finished him off. However, my SP101 loaded with Short Barrel Gold Dots DID NOT IMPRESS ME. I’m rethinking a bunch of stuff now, including what I carry on the road. I was certainly impressed with the bull bar on the truck however. When it’s said and done I’m sure the damage will be $3K+, but it’s still drivable. Without the bar, the front end would have been toast.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Well...I had the unfortunate opportunity to smack a whitetail with my truck on Tuesday evening. First time in 30+ years of driving up north. Poor guy ended up busted up really bad in the opposite side road culvert. I did the humane thing and finished him off. However, my SP101 loaded with Short Barrel Gold Dots DID NOT IMPRESS ME. I’m rethinking a bunch of stuff now, including what I carry on the road. I was certainly impressed with the bull bar on the truck however. When it’s said and done I’m sure the damage will be $3K+, but it’s still drivable. Without the bar, the front end would have been toast.

Sorry about the truck, glad you are not hurt. I have had to shave my bumper a few times but never hit one hard enough to bend metal. knocks on wood

Maybe not here but can you elaborate on the golds dots some more? I have seen my dad drop whitetails with a 4' Python, I don't know what load. This would have been in the late '80s.

User Tag List