Thread: SHOT 2021 Cancelled

SHOT 2021 Cancelled

From the SHOT Show people this morning:

https://shotshow.org/nssf-announces-...-cancellation/

Site Supporter
    Ridiculous.

A good choice.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Most live trade shows in the U.S. are being pushed back until at least second half 2021.

That's a biiiiiiiiig revenue hit for NSSF.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Most live trade shows in the U.S. are being pushed back until at least second half 2021.

That's a biiiiiiiiig revenue hit for NSSF.
    They could offset it by helping to produce more ammo.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not surprising. At the rate COVID is accelerating nationwide, it is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Smart move by NSSF. People are talking about, "this is a huge blow to the industry". Really? Because from where I am sitting gun and ammo sales are through the fucking roof. So...

I think it's just that folks don't want to admit that something they can't see or shoot is fucking with what they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not surprising. At the rate COVID is accelerating nationwide, it is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.
    Yea, IL now has a 7-day rolling average topping 5000 new cases, we're up to a 6.9% positivity rate on tests, 83k new cases in IL in October alone, without counting yesterday, today, or tomorrow, we'll top 90k when it's said and done. Hospitalizations are up 78% and deaths up 84% over September. With no signs of things slowing down. The virus has finally started to hit the more rural areas. That this is timed with both weather change AND the efforts to return kids to school doesn't surprise me at all; kids are such vectors for disease.

We were planning on the family coming up for Thanksgiving. Unless we see a daily case load drop back down below 5k for 14-days, I'm probably going to tell the family not to travel. I don't want them risking that trip with my mother.

Site Supporter
    As unhappy as I am about this, I think it was the right decision.

Site Supporter
    My other hobby shows (coins, cheese) canceled their nationals. The coin folks are putting the auctions on line.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 10-30-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Back in April, Microsoft made all of their events—and they were legion—virtual through the end of 2021. Now that they're letting more people work from home permanently, I wouldn't be surprised to see that extended through 2022 or beyond.

Event-dependent companies are in a bad way right now.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List