Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking at a Ruger LCR .357 3"BBL Talk me out of it!

I have a LCR 357 & LCR 327. Both with 2 inch barrels ... To me they are not pocket carry.. even with compact boot grips ... frame size is bout the same as a SP101 , Charter Bulldog, 856 & Colt D frame ....they use same holsters ...
    So its hip carry ..a 3 inch barrel wouldn’t make much difference carry wise ...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The only reason I’d try and talk you out of it is that from the platform, the 3 inch 38 Special makes more sense. You’ll never shoot magnums out of it, or if you do you’ll only do it once, and the 38 gun is a couple oz lighter. I have carried one as EDC for a long time, and still use it as my go to for a lot of occasions. It’s definitely not a pocket gun, but it’s much easier to carry for extended periods than a Glock 19.

Oh and anyone who days a j-frame has a better trigger is smoking crack
    For me, the whole point of the LCR is a lightweight carry gun. The .38 is a useful amount more lighter weighter, and therefore more effectively achieves the purpose of carrying something where the compromise is it's so ugly you conceal it not because it's smart or polite, but in order to not be seen carrying it.

I still want a three-inch 337 or 340.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-29-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I meant to say I have a M66 4"
    A model 60 is a different beast. If I am going to shoot more than a handful of rounds through one of my jframes, I can pick between beating the crap out of my wrist with my 642, and maybe tearing off a piece of skin, or having a very enjoyable day shooting my 60-9.

I mostly shoot the 60-9 when i shoot a J nowadays. I never shoot .357 through it, though. Finally got a little bit smarter!

And shoot a model 15 or 28 when I’m really shooting some revolver rounds up.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For me, the whole point of the LCR is a lightweight carry gun. The .38 is a useful amount more lighter weighter, and therefore more effectively achieves the purpose of carrying something where the compromise it it's so ugly you conceal it not because it's smart or polite, but in order to not be seen carrying it.

Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That would carry like an LCR while also being aesthetically pleasing and with decent grip options.

It will never happen.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

To be honest, if I'm going up to a 3" gun, I'm going to probably move to a steel 6-shooter. It's a belt gun at that point anyways. That said, that LCRx 3" .38 is damned light at ~16 ounces compared to a Colt King Cobra 3" (28oz), Kimber K6s 3" (25.1 oz), or GP100 (36oz for the 3" WC).

Why don't they make that thing in 9mm? Or better yet, blow it up to 22oz in weight and size and make it a .45ACP 5-shooter.

C'mon Ruger - we need a .45ACP, moon-clipped, 5-shot, polymer framed, 3" LCR - call it the LCRxL, adjustable rear sight, dot front. Something that beats out the crappy Charter Arms and Taurus offerings available now.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    C'mon Ruger - we need a .45ACP, moon-clipped, 5-shot, polymer framed, 3" LCR - call it the LCRxL, adjustable rear sight, dot front. Something that beats out the crappy Charter Arms and Taurus offerings available now.
    .44 Special.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .44 Special.
    They've got the 5-shot GP100 for that.

I want something with a short cylinder that I can feed a bunch of 225-grain flatpoint reloads through...because they don't run in my 1911s.

Plus, there are viable short-barrel .45ACP loads and there really isn't anything besides the Gold Dot in .44SPL.

Finally, moon-clips. If you're going to get stuck with a compact 5-shooter, being able to reload it right quick would be a good thing.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    That would carry like an LCR while also being aesthetically pleasing and with decent grip options.

It will never happen.
    Not for me, not at these prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880133449

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...-model-mp360-0
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

.41 Special in a short cylinder designed for bullets up to 180gr would be a good fit for a 5-shot LCR "big bore" snub-nose.

User Tag List