Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking at a Ruger LCR .357 3"BBL Talk me out of it!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    .41 Special in a short cylinder designed for bullets up to 180gr would be a good fit for a 5-shot LCR "big bore" snub-nose.
    I thought about that, but these days, I kind of doubt that a mainstream gun company's going to bring out a new cartridge in that range. Especially when they could make a moonclipped .40.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    They were discontinued for a reason. Same with the 386 Nightguard.

Everyone is awful and wants to spend money on Shields and M&Ps, so they make oodles of those boring things...
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    They've got the 5-shot GP100 for that.

I want something with a short cylinder that I can feed a bunch of 225-grain flatpoint reloads through...because they don't run in my 1911s.

Plus, there are viable short-barrel .45ACP loads and there really isn't anything besides the Gold Dot in .44SPL.

Finally, moon-clips. If you're going to get stuck with a compact 5-shooter, being able to reload it right quick would be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .44 Special.
    To be honest, if I'm going up to a 3" gun, I'm going to probably move to a steel 6-shooter. It's a belt gun at that point anyways. That said, that LCRx 3" .38 is damned light at ~16 ounces compared to a Colt King Cobra 3" (28oz), Kimber K6s 3" (25.1 oz), or GP100 (36oz for the 3" WC).

Why don't they make that thing in 9mm? Or better yet, blow it up to 22oz in weight and size and make it a .45ACP 5-shooter.

C'mon Ruger - we need a .45ACP, moon-clipped, 5-shot, polymer framed, 3" LCR - call it the LCRxL, adjustable rear sight, dot front. Something that beats out the crappy Charter Arms and Taurus offerings available now.
    I email the CEO once or twice a year suggesting that Ruger should bring a "midsize" LCR to market. Something that's big enough to take 5 rounds of 44 SPL or 41 Mag or 45 ACP on a clip. The same gun would easily take six rounds of 357 or seven rounds of 32/327. It could have a steel or aluminum chassis depending on chambering just like the current LCR. Depending on how they do it, the gun would have enough meat in the top strap for a dovetailed rear sight as is currently done on the Clapp models.

I guess Ruger thinks I'm wrong but I think something like this would sell well and become pretty much the modern standard for defensive/hunting/carry "big bore" revolvers.

This reminds me that it is time to send another email to Mr. Killoy. I'll leave this here if anyone needs it...

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This reminds me that it is time to send another email to Mr. Killoy. I'll leave this here if anyone needs it...

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/
    I went to email him, ".45 ACP DA Super GP100 and .45 ACP 5-shot LCRxl."

But alas, this was at the bottom of the page:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 4.52.30 PM.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  16.7 KB

Site Supporter

Same thing for me earlier.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

It could have been a restraining order.....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

C'mon Ruger - we need a .45ACP, moon-clipped, 5-shot, polymer framed, 3" LCR - call it the LCRxL, adjustable rear sight, dot front. Something that beats out the crappy Charter Arms and Taurus offerings available now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .44 Special.
    .41 Magnum. If you're going to be a bear, be a Grizzly!

Seriously, though, a .41 Mag GP100 would have me hocking a kidney.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List