Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NVG Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They show both styles. ANVIS and ground (dovetail).
    https://tnvc.com/?s=Gpnvg&doing_wp_c...24487304687500
    Yeah, but why would you ever get dovetail if you could go ball detent? You already plunked down that much money, might as well go all in with the flex. I'm not sure if the ball detent sits any lower when stowed, but if so, I would think it's totally worth it, given the massive bulk of the damn things to begin with.

I am curious as to what the typical specs on the tubes will be. The 1792 min FoM is in stark contrast to the 2376 minimum the rest of the newly available L-3 line-up is rocking, and I would be pretty pissed, hypothetically speaking, if my new panos had some mediocre SNRs, EBIs, and/or halo figures, though it seems like there are plenty of folks that are getting pretty sweet 20UA/M tubes in terms of specs, so maybe the typical example won't be bad. I guess the 2376 min FoM tubes are the 24UA/M specs? Maybe 26UA/M, if that's even a thing? 22UA minimum is 1920, while 18UA is 1536, IIRC.

Anyone have an idea what the lead time on the dark focus lens covers is? I got on a list but he said he didn't want to quote lead times and it seems like you won't know until you get the email

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Yeah, but why would you ever get dovetail if you could go ball detent? You already plunked down that much money, might as well go all in with the flex. I'm not sure if the ball detent sits any lower when stowed, but if so, I would think it's totally worth it, given the massive bulk of the damn things to begin with.

I am curious as to what the typical specs on the tubes will be. The 1792 min FoM is in stark contrast to the 2376 minimum the rest of the newly available L-3 line-up is rocking, and I would be pretty pissed, hypothetically speaking, if my new panos had some mediocre SNRs, EBIs, and/or halo figures, though it seems like there are plenty of folks that are getting pretty sweet 20UA/M tubes in terms of specs, so maybe the typical example won't be bad. I guess the 2376 min FoM tubes are the 24UA/M specs? Maybe 26UA/M, if that's even a thing? 22UA minimum is 1920, while 18UA is 1536, IIRC.
    lol! Your second paragraph looks like a foreign language to me...

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Anyone have an idea what the lead time on the dark focus lens covers is? I got on a list but he said he didn't want to quote lead times and it seems like you won't know until you get the email
    Spoke too soon! Just got my invoice, very excited to check these out

For those with newer nods (RNVGs, DTNVS, etc.) are rechargeable 123's good to go? Or is it best to use the consumable Lithium batteries?

For those with newer nods (RNVGs, DTNVS, etc.) are rechargeable 123's good to go? Or is it best to use the consumable Lithium batteries?
    I have RNVGs but I have not used rechargeables due to a thread I found on arfcom where a guy from TNVC advised against them in pvs14s

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/A...es_/18-460814/

I would so not put a Li-Ion mini-bomb inside my $4000 PVS-14. Looks like the folks at ArfCom agree.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I would so not put a Li-Ion mini-bomb inside my $4000 PVS-14. Looks like the folks at ArfCom agree.
    To be fair, one can also use lithium iron phosphate batteries, which are generally considered safer than lithium ion; Hell, that's the chemistry that SureFire uses for their rechargeable 123As.

That being said, I'm paranoid enough about potentially fucking up my NODs that I don't even use batteries in them, I run exclusively off the battery pack. Makes it easier to insure that there's no way they get bumped on, too, as I can just pull the plug, while also making slight weight advantages.

And it’s me again. Lol! Putting together my NV upper and at the point of analysis paralysis regarding the optic.

Those of you who’ve shot with nods, do you have a favorite optic for passive aiming? I’m looking at the T-2, Aimpoint PRO, and Trijicon MRO HD. Whichever one I choose will get a 2.26” or 2.33” mount. I like the idea of the PRO for a slightly larger tube which may make it easier to line up the nods. I like the MRO HD because it has the 68MOA donut reticle. The T-2 is of course light and durable but it’s also considerably more expensive.

Any thoughts or experiences that would sway me one way or another? Thanks!

And it’s me again. Lol! Putting together my NV upper and at the point of analysis paralysis regarding the optic.

Those of you who’ve shot with nods, do you have a favorite optic for passive aiming? I’m looking at the T-2, Aimpoint PRO, and Trijicon MRO HD. Whichever one I choose will get a 2.26” or 2.33” mount. I like the idea of the PRO for a slightly larger tube which may make it easier to line up the nods. I like the MRO HD because it has the 68MOA donut reticle. The T-2 is of course light and durable but it’s also considerably more expensive.

Any thoughts or experiences that would sway me one way or another? Thanks!
    I’m using a regular MRO mostly, with no issues. Running it on a lower 1/3 mount. Haven’t used an Aimpoint yet.

User Tag List