Thread: Beretta Px4 40 S&W 17 round mag

Beretta Px4 40 S&W 17 round mag

Good day, all. Maybe someone can advise me. I purchased 3 17 round mags for my .40 Storm. These are Beretta magazines bought directly from the Beretta website. Try as I might, I cannot get more than 15 rounds into any of them, doing it with my hand or with the Beretta loading assist tool. I read something referencing magazines in general that they can be tight when new and need to be broken in. I've had all 3 loaded with 15 rounds for a couple of weeks now, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything - I still can't get any more in there. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated. FYI, I'm still, as my username suggests, new to this, I've only had this gun for about a year and it's my first one, so please be gentle and use little words - crayon drawings would be great.

Could you post a picture of your magazine? Are you sure you don't have a 9mm mag?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Occasionally the follower can get stuck on the extension if there is a little flashing left from the mold. Disassemble the mag and make sure the material is properly trimmed on the inside of the plastic extension.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Could you post a picture of your magazine? Are you sure you don't have a 9mm mag?
    Hi and thanks for the reply. I can't post a pic right now, but I'm looking at one of the mags and the etched printing on the side reads, verbatim, "P.B. Cal. 40 S.&W. - Made In Italy" That last part makes me hungry, love Italian food. Nothing too fancy, the classics, ya know, a well-made plate of spaghetti & meatballs or sausage, lasagna, chicken parmesan, ravioli... I'm a red-sauce guy. Warm, crusty bread smothered in butter and garlic, grated cheese flying over the whole shebang.... Wait, I'm off-topic, sorry. So, yeah, they're the right caliber... calibre... caliberre?

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Occasionally the follower can get stuck on the extension if there is a little flashing left from the mold. Disassemble the mag and make sure the material is properly trimmed on the inside of the plastic extension.
    That sounds like a viable theory, because the follower just stops cold short of the full loadout. But then, I see you work for Beretta, so it would be! I already disassembled one of them to see what was going on - it took a while to figure it out, there's that T-shaped thingy locking the extension in place - although I'm new to guns I'm not scared of a screwdriver, wrench, or, if called for, a big effing hammer. So know that I know what to look for guess I'll break them down again. If there is flashing there, I guess a light touch with an emery board to take care of that? Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie-noob View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply. I can't post a pic right now, but I'm looking at one of the mags and the etched printing on the side reads, verbatim, "P.B. Cal. 40 S.&W. - Made In Italy" That last part makes me hungry, love Italian food. Nothing too fancy, the classics, ya know, a well-made plate of spaghetti & meatballs or sausage, lasagna, chicken parmesan, ravioli... I'm a red-sauce guy. Warm, crusty bread smothered in butter and garlic, grated cheese flying over the whole shebang.... Wait, I'm off-topic, sorry. So, yeah, they're the right caliber... calibre... caliberre?
    Ok, looks like the correct mag. I'd go with @e_stern's suggestion and look at the interface between the mag body and the extension.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List