Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Power Outage Lights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-4...ght+lan&sr=8-3

I have this one and 2 smaller ones for our emergency lighting needs. They have worked very well and the ability to hang in different positions is great and with the adjustable light output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just ordered 3 of these. Last winter we lost power for 5 days. Stepping up my game for this winter to be better prepared for long term outages.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Parts list with step by step assembly directions please. This maybe just the project I need to keep busy with while staying @ home. Very impressive, thanks for showing/sharing
    I second this motion. This would be a really useful project for anyone willing to put in the work.

@fatdog I have a dual fuel Westinghouse generator and recommend it highly.

As recommended in this thread, Streamlight Siege AA, arrived from Prime yesterday, very impressive for its size appears well made. We use a Milwaukee flood light (23610-20) with M-18 batteries, the small 2.0 size works great but it is big and heavy. The Siege will be a great addition with a 72 count box of rayovac batteries to feed it. Hopefully will not need it anytime soon.

I’ve had a Siege for years and gave them to my brothers for Christmas. I got the AA versions to my nieces and nephews. Last week I went ahead and picked up another Siege for myself, and a big pack of D cells.

This is not a long term solution, but these have been useful for things like stairs to the basement, bathrooms, etc, especially with elderly parents.
    https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-.../dp/B07ZQM5BKY

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    The battery is a gel type, but I do leave the lid open when charging to view the charge status on the MPPT controller.

I will work on the material list and try to document this thing the best I can. For power outages it's very handy for lighting and recharging Li-ion batteries for flashlights, and easily recharges to full capacity on a sunny day.

NH Shooter, I'd love to know about the controller. I haven't been able to find any small (and hopefully fairly cheap!) MPPT controllers, just big ones that are well over $100. Them must exist - Jackery says they use them - but a source would be awesome!

User Tag List