Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: #revolvermasterrace

More videos to follow, including my son helping me to reload comp 2s

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Wasn't able to today. I brought my 2 year old and by the last stage was starting to get cranky so we had to bring him home for his nap.
    I ran the FAST drill 5x this afternoon with the 2” Kimber K6S after some dry fire warm up. Best time 12.06, worst 17.34, and average of 14. The +17 run was a chaotic cluster with me managing to dump 5 in the cylinder and leaving one still in the HKS speed loader lying in the dirt. First time running this drill with a wheely. Definitely a hoot and am going to continue running it. I learned that I’m going to need a lot more dry runs with the reload to get faster. Caleb has a sub 7 second run on YouTube, link below, using moon clips. TK Custom said moon clips are a no go for the K6S as there isn’t enough material so I’ve got to get better at jamming and twisting with the HKS.

https://youtu.be/ssSECLRAli4
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I ran the FAST drill 5x this afternoon with the 2” Kimber K6S after some dry fire warm up. Best time 12.06, worst 17.34, and average of 14. The +17 run was a chaotic cluster with me managing to dump 5 in the cylinder and leaving one still in the HKS speed loader lying in the dirt. First time running this drill with a wheely. Definitely a hoot and am going to continue running it. I learned that I’m going to need a lot more dry runs with the reload to get faster. Caleb has a sub 7 second run on YouTube, link below, using moon clips. TK Custom said moon clips are a no go for the K6S as there isn’t enough material so I’ve got to get better at jamming and twisting with the HKS.

https://youtu.be/ssSECLRAli4
    Good job, I might be able to run it this week.

Nicely done! Have any FAST drill times? I have searched around previously to see if anyone runs the FAST with revolvers and has some numbers posted but haven’t found anything.
    My times are about 7 seconds flat with a K snub, Jetloaders, and retaining the revolver in the strong hand / reloading weak hand. Move to Comp II's and that moves to about 7.5 seconds. J snub with HKS speedloaders is about 8.5. All that took a lot of dry fire practice. Initial results when I decided to work on FAST were more like mid-13's. Between COVID and a mild case of tennis elbow I haven't practiced much dry or live for the last couple months. Without regular practice my numbers have probably regressed.

Nicely done! Have any FAST drill times? I have searched around previously to see if anyone runs the FAST with revolvers and has some numbers posted but haven’t found anything.
    I looked in my old records and found where I had run the FAST in the 7 to 8 second range with a few clean runs. And several not clean runs. I was using speed loader revolvers.

Here is a link to the FAST Wall of Fame.
    https://pistol-training.com/fastest/fast-wall-of-fame

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I always wanted to shoot one of those Rotator targets. They look tough.

My helper

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I always wanted to shoot one of those Rotator targets. They look tough.
    Would of been easier if I didn't miss so much.

Wish I had some heavier loads too. I was shooting 158gr hardcasts over 7gr unique

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised that the ahrend grips were not slippery. It was only 100 rounds but they felt good. I was concerned they would.

User Tag List