Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: #revolvermasterrace

Had your spinner stage playing in the background and the Polish plate rack sounded like solid work. Went back to re-watch and it was. Nice job! I've seen people take longer to clean one with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Would of been easier if I didn't miss so much.

Wish I had some heavier loads too. I was shooting 158gr hardcasts over 7gr unique

Have you chronographed those loads?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Had your spinner stage playing in the background and the Polish plate rack sounded like solid work. Went back to re-watch and it was. Nice job! I've seen people take longer to clean one with a shotgun.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Have you chronographed those loads?
    Not yet, i was gifted a chronograph recently but I hike to where I shoot which is no excuse but I just need to plan a day to chronograph all my loads.

Not yet, i was gifted a chronograph recently but I hike to where I shoot which is no excuse but I just need to plan a day to chronograph all my loads.
    Im interested to learn what you come up with.

Ive used 6.5 grs Unique for a moderate +P load but never had any chrono info. Older manuals vary a lot in results, Im curious what some real life results are.

Thanks
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Would of been easier if I didn't miss so much.

Wish I had some heavier loads too. I was shooting 158gr hardcasts over 7gr unique
    The last time I was loading and shooting +P 38 special, I was using Starline brass, 6.0 gr Unique, Fed 100 primer, and the Lyman 358156 which I bought at a gun show pre-lubed with a red waxy lube at .358". Out of my Model 19, 4" barrel, IIRC, Chrono was in the 1055 FPS range and they were a pleasure to shoot. I have also substituted the RCBS 158gr round nose flat point at times using about the same formula as above. 7 gr Unique seems like a pretty hefty charge of Unique for 158gr in 38 spec brass.

When I wanted more oompf for woods bumming and during hunting season, I would load using 2400, I believe that was 11.5-12.0 grains, same brass and primer as above. That was moving along at 1200+. Solid performer and a healthy bark!

You did a great job taking on the targets in your videos and looked better than many of the "Grock" shooters I see at the local IDPA match.
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    The last time I was loading and shooting +P 38 special, I was using Starline brass, 6.0 gr Unique, Fed 100 primer, and the Lyman 358156 which I bought at a gun show pre-lubed with a red waxy lube at .358". Out of my Model 19, 4" barrel, IIRC, Chrono was in the 1055 FPS range and they were a pleasure to shoot. I have also substituted the RCBS 158gr round nose flat point at times using about the same formula as above. 7 gr Unique seems like a pretty hefty charge of Unique for 158gr in 38 spec brass.

When I wanted more oompf for woods bumming and during hunting season, I would load using 2400, I believe that was 11.5-12.0 grains, same brass and primer as above. That was moving along at 1200+. Solid performer and a healthy bark!

You did a great job taking on the targets in your videos and looked better than many of the "Grock" shooters I see at the local IDPA match.
    Thanks

Those were .357 loads. My .38 load is 5.2gr unique.

Thanks

Aha! That makes more sense.

I must have misread your post earlier.. my bad.
    Johnny Walker

Thanks

You had mentioned earlier that you wished they had been heavier loads... by that do you mean that you are looking at heavier bullet ( ala 180-200 grain bullet ) or heavier powder charge?
    Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    You had mentioned earlier that you wished they had been heavier loads... by that do you mean that you are looking at heavier bullet ( ala 180-200 grain bullet ) or heavier powder charge?
    Im sure heavier bullets would help but my standard mag load is a 158gr hardcast over 13.5gr 2400. Its the upper limit with what I can shoot fast and accurately in this gun.

Its the first time ive ever shot one of those spinners.

User Tag List