Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
I am going to EDC this Long Range Rucker as well as use it with ruck plates so we will see how my opinion ages.
Cross post with my promised update on the Long Range Rucker.

I obtained a GoRuck Rucker - Long Range 33L a couple weeks back.

It is essentially a cheaper, heavier GR2 with a place for ruck plates. It was on "sale" for $225 at the time, but my goodness GoRuck's sale prices are still extravagant.

It weighs a heavy 5.3lbs empty, but the build is super burly.

It fits cheapo Amazon ruck weight plates well, and wearing it with ruck plates is really quite comfortable except for the weight. They don't bash into your spine at all. I took the lower pad out of the ruck pocket which opened up a little space inside and I don't notice any difference in how the weight is carried.

There is good hydration system access if you use that.

My clip on belt fits to the Molle on the sides for those times that I want a belt, which is mainly when biking to work.

I like it so far. It can easily haul 40lbs or more, and certainly does not feel fragile. My usual load is 15-25 lbs, but I have used it on the stair stepper with 45lbs. What a great work out!

I find the shoulder straps a bit on the wide and stiff side, but it is not a huge issue. There is a lower back pad that feels strange, but not obnoxious or irritating, just strange.

The bag and zippers were really stiff on arrival, but with maybe 15 hours of carry including an hour in the rain, it has started to soften up. I expect this to get better still by a lot.

Organization took me a bit, I settled on putting most little sundries and a file organizer in the front pocket. I use the main pocket water, food, bike tools and clothing layers, as well as ruck plates if desired. The exterior slash pocket is pretty worthless when the bag is loaded at all. I don't have a need for the multiple side mesh pockets in each main pocket, but I like the two small compartments at the top of the front main opening. I have always been more of a top loader pack guy so a fold flat pack is a new experience. Sometimes I like it sometimes I am annoyed with all the zipping up and down.

The grab handles are very useful. Especially as weight increases for in and out of car, and general tossing it around.

33L seems big and it is a bigger pack, but this is what it takes to hold all my winter gear for a bicycle commute. I generally wear a lot of layers going in at 20* and shed them to the pack at 50* going home.

Overall I like it. Rucking seems like a great, low impact work out. The pack handles 45lbs weight beautifully.

I would consider a GR2, but not for $400 clams, and where would I put the ruck plates? This is a nice do all pack for me.