Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster for Sig P239

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Thanks for sharing this holster option!! I just picked up a used P239 in 357sig and have been trying to locate a good AIWB holster for the gun.... The 239 shoots well, is decent sized for carry and with the 8 round magazines, its a 8+1 little dynamo! Have you run into any decent aftermarket grips for the 239??? My gun is a DA/SA and came with chunky-spongy hogue rubber type grips. I would love something grippy polymer type and was only able to find a replacement set of OE grips from Sig - I suppose I could talonize grip tape those if I think they need it but thought you guys might have other ideas?
    I am very fond of the P239. I find the factory polymer grips to work well, but the best I have found are Hogue G10, either checkered or the more aggressive piranha texture. You can get them from a number of resellers or from Hogue. They are a little pricey, but very nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Thanks for sharing this holster option!! I just picked up a used P239 in 357sig and have been trying to locate a good AIWB holster for the gun.... The 239 shoots well, is decent sized for carry and with the 8 round magazines, its a 8+1 little dynamo! Have you run into any decent aftermarket grips for the 239??? My gun is a DA/SA and came with chunky-spongy hogue rubber type grips. I would love something grippy polymer type and was only able to find a replacement set of OE grips from Sig - I suppose I could talonize grip tape those if I think they need it but thought you guys might have other ideas?
    I've been carrying a P239 in .357 as well. I have two other P239s in 9mm (might grab a third?); main reason I'm carrying .357, is because 9mm is so damn expensive nowadays. But the P239 shoots great in .357. Accurate and controllable.

To that point, I find Nill grips to offer the best control/feel. They're way too expensive... but, they have a slight palm swell that I find gives me a bit more lateral support. I have the Hogue Piranhas as well. The texture is great, but they're sorta flat-sided with no curve. I find also the stock grips with some granulate stick-ons to be excellent.

Site Supporter
    I figured I would post an update since I did get the holster today, just in case anyone else is looking for the same thing. I will also try to post some photos from my phone later.

Initial impressions are pretty positive. I ordered the holster with the DCC split clip and a plastic wing to cant the grip in a bit. It seems like another quality holster option, especially if you are looking for something a little less common. I will note that when the holster originally showed up, the gun would simply not fit. I had some expectations that might be the case since they did not have a "9" and a "40/357 sig" option for the 239 and the 40 frame (which I have) is slightly wider. I hit it with my wife's hair dryer for a bit and now it has about the perfect retention for a carry holster. I would not expect this to be a problem on pretty much any other pistol from this company. I will be sending them an e-mail just as an FYI.

Despite the initial fitment issue, I am still pretty happy with what I got, and I am looking forward to get in some practice with it, and eventually start carrying it on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I figured I would post an update since I did get the holster today, just in case anyone else is looking for the same thing. I will also try to post some photos from my phone later.

Initial impressions are pretty positive. I ordered the holster with the DCC split clip and a plastic wing to cant the grip in a bit. It seems like another quality holster option, especially if you are looking for something a little less common. I will note that when the holster originally showed up, the gun would simply not fit. I had some expectations that might be the case since they did not have a "9" and a "40/357 sig" option for the 239 and the 40 frame (which I have) is slightly wider. I hit it with my wife's hair dryer for a bit and now it has about the perfect retention for a carry holster. I would not expect this to be a problem on pretty much any other pistol from this company. I will be sending them an e-mail just as an FYI.

Despite the initial fitment issue, I am still pretty happy with what I got, and I am looking forward to get in some practice with it, and eventually start carrying it on occasion.
    Pictures would be appreciated!
    Johnny Walker

Site Supporter
    Of course I had to go with "P-F Orange!" No extra cost for the different color, which was a nice bonus since most holster companies do have an up-charge for that.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Another shot

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Nice. Thanks for sharing. I'll check out IKC... I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to carry my P239s going forward. I've been using a soft holster at about 12:30 - 1:00. It's comfortable and rides low so it hides well. I slide the gun up a little when I sit/drive... works. But it's not all that stable or secure.

I have a JM George that I'm working with (purchased second hand). It flops forward too much, now. Need a wedge and I'd like to try the new DCC monoblock clips like you have. Been meaning order those things... need to get on it.

If that doesn't work, I'll look at other options.

User Tag List