Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Supplies re Covid

Winter Supplies re Covid

I read something the other day about upcoming shortages. Today at the buying club they were out of paper towels.
    If theres something you dont have now might be a good time to lay in a supply.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’m heading to Costco this week and buying everything I wish I had going into March. I figure sooner is better than later given the chance of fukcery post-election.

By planning and happenstance, I happened to lay in an order for supplies this past weekend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I wonder how many rolls of TP I can get for 1K SPP primers?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Just got back from Woodman’s. No paper towels, limits on cans, meat and TP. No crowds, though - it feels like a supply problem.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Been adding toilet paper and canned goods above consumption rate, hope I can get some more tomorrow.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

WSJ had a story about six weeks ago about “pandemic pallets” and other predictive preparation at major retailers. Effectively the large retailers and their suppliers have been thinking about the coming Second Wave. My working assumption is they have decent precedent with April and May consumer demand to help make accurate projections. In other words, less empty shelves and less generalized anxiety for the public.

Today I read about the slowdown in deliveries of the new build F-35 fighters in DefenseNews. COVID impacts to the global supply change has roughly cut the planned monthly F-35 deliveries in half – for the foreseeable future. Those ripples will last for a long time... 18 months for some items and potentially longer for complex long-lead items.

I guess I better do an inventory and make a Costco run. Stock market is starting to show a covid related retreat today. That worries me a bit. Not because I'm worried about my investments but because another round of covid is going to cause a great deal of suffering for everyone.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I work for a major supplier of paper towels and toilet paper. We are running at 20% higher capacity than normal but cannot keep up. Two issues - more people consuming paper at home vs work, travel, etc. and people are hoarding. Please keep it up though so I can afford some primers!

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the timely reminder.

We've been stocking essentials deeper than we were pre-Covid, but it's probably a good time to evaluate inventory and stack everything a little deeper.

User Tag List