Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BATFE Changes Definition of Handgun when Assessing Imports

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Completely arbitrary standards with zero transparency when enforcing a bunch of laws that are all profoundly unconstitutional anyway? Yep, nothing draconian at all. Totally.
    Now JRB, you and I agree on just about everything LOL. I even said they need to get transparent. But we all know that AR pistols would not exist except as a workaround to get SBR's without the tax and the headache. Period. They're ridiculous and we all know it. I say that while owning both an SBR and a pistol.

The ATF needs to get it's ducks in a row and needs to be sent down the proper path. Deregulate SBR's or show me the reason why. That's the answer. Not this foolish back and forth about rifle/pistols. Loopholes are often temporary, and it looks like this one's going to close in a herky-jerky sort of way. Let's deal with the real issue, which is SBR's.

“Held in one hand”? What a bunch of horseshit. Like modern handguns are meant to be shot single handedly?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

We know it when we see it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I wonder if we could get BLM et al to call for the defunding of ATF. That would be great.

So AR pistols are illegal now?

Sigh.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

ATF moving to make AR/AK pistols AOWs and covered by NFA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    ATF moving to make AR/AK pistols AOWs and covered by NFA.

I don’t trust shit from MAC after the “NRA hitsquad” shannanigans. I’m not saying it might not be true, but this is a source that I would take with a grain of salt -needs more verifications- than “a top lawyer called Tim and told him.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I don’t trust shit from MAC after the “NRA hitsquad” shannanigans. I’m not saying it might not be true, but this is a source that I would take with a grain of salt -needs more verifications- than “a top lawyer called Tim and told him.
    Did you read OP's link?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Who do we give money to these days?

I could go for the NRA-ILA (they are different.), but who’s a pro-gun group that we generally accept?

I’m half tempted to go NRA-ILA because they’re going for legislative changes.

The rest, I am cautious about.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Whose "one hand" is used to make the determination? Kate Moss, Jerry Miculek?

Important point. The one handed thing is very vaque. Im not superman by any means, but when I was actually working for a living I could shoot a 20" Colt H-Bar one handed and hit the 300 yard plate without much drama. Two handed was much easier though.

In todays world, people used to plastic pistols handle a 36 ounce Smith 19 and say its heavy. 40 years ago they were considered wonderfully light to carry compared to an N frame 357.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List