Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If lawn signs are an indication....

Site Supporter
    Drove from Atlanta to Wright Wyoming and back for hunting - almost 100% Trump signs - saw a few Biden signs near the few urban area we transited

Sunday we took a road trip to see changing leaves all across northern GA. Almost all Trump except a few liberal blue neighborhoods in notorious areas of Northern immigrants.

Texas suburb it's 5 to 1 for Biden. I did see a Libertarian one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Crockett, Bowie and Bonham are rolling over in their graves.

North of the Capital District, NY. I drive past maybe 30 or 40 Trump signs on my way to work, including several 10- and 15-foot flag banners. My next door neighbor has two Biden signs, and I think there's maybe one stuck outside a trailer. That is all of the Biden signs.

I called back a complainant the other day to get a better vehicle description. She got annoyed and said, "Well it's the big pickup with the [expletive] Trump flag on it."

"Ma'am, I have two deputies out with two different trucks," I replied. "You're going to need to narrow it down for us some."

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have been very disheartened in Johnson County, KS (affluent and historically moderate to conservative), not just by the absolute dominance of Bid3n but by the come-along signs from the TERRIBLE FUCKING PEOPLE associated with the D3mocratic party in Kansas. He will coattail some real shitbirds into power here, and it's to our detriment in the extreme.

I've noted that most of the anti-shitbird TV ads I've seen have emphasized gun control. I hope that plays here.
    But, but, Barbara loves guns!

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"...

Drove from San Rafael, CA to Seattle WA last weekend.

I saw a surprising amount of Trump/Pence signs in Marin County, CA. (!)

North of I-80/505, Lots of the same. Farmers For Trump signs emblazoned full size on Tractor-trailers parked next to I-5. Far Northern CA into Southern Oregon, same thing.

Saw a few more along I-5 through Oregon, and southern WA. Never have seen the like before.

In the Twin Cities suburbs north of St Paul, it's thick with Trump/Pence signs, along with some for the scrappy underdog Republican challengers for Congress and the state houses.
    (a great many who are black and/or immigrants)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    In Chicago where I live, it's all Biden signs. Go figure. But in my Wisconsin summer home area (262), it's all Trump.

I was in Easton, PA last month, and the overwhelming majority of signs and bumper stickers (outside of College Hill surrounding Layfayette College which is primarily college students and professors) were for Trump. Likewise across the river in Phillipsburg, NJ. I was surprised at the number of Trump signs throughout Jersey--I made one trip across the state to Ashbury Park, and another to Hamilton Twp on the outskirts of Trenton, and the majority of signs/bumper stickers were for Trump. I saw a fair amount of trucks with giant Trump flags, and a bunch of pop up tents selling Trump merchandise. Trump stickers seemed more prevalent than here in AZ, and outside of the college neighborhoods, I saw almost no Biden stuff (other than graveyards, which I pointed out as "Biden voters" every time we passed one).

Closer to home, the neighborhoods in South Tempe seem to lean about 2/3 Biden, 1/3 Trump for yard signs, which tends to align with the district's voting patterns in past elections. Bumper stickers in the Phoenix metro area seem about evenly split, but it definitely feels like there are fewer stickers for either side than in years past. I definitely saw more Obama/Hillary stickers than I do for Biden.

I did see several large gatherings at intersections in Cave Creek/north Phoenix/Scottsdale a few weeks ago with groups of 30-50 Trump supports with flags on a Friday night. A lot of cars were honking in what felt like support, although I'm sure there were a few angry words scattered in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At a time when people are having rocks thrown through their car windows, trash thrown on their lawn next to Trump signs, and in one case having their horse shot for having a Trump sign, putting up a Trump sign definitely shows an above-average level of enthusiasm. People wearing MAGA hats have been subject to all kinds of harassment for the past 4 years, so putting up a sign despite the potential for becoming a crime victim says something about enthusiasm.
    I am in a reverse area where the local rednecks I would think are at a point where Biden sighs/house would be declaring war and the red necks would bring it. A few years ago we had the head of the county Democrats ask my wife to help on a Republican campaign because it was the best case scenario.

I am seeing many more Biden signs and some fucking big ones, prominently displayed. I am pretty apolitical so I don’t judge either way but I commend those Biden sign folks in my area for their passion in the sea of red.

It’ll be crazy no matter the result is my only prediction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Is Austin Really Texas though ?

How many of those houses had Prius with CA plates in the driveway ?

In my city it most areas are mixed, with the arts/ bar district being all Biden and anything outside the city 100% Trump.

Given we 've had people get assaulted over MAGA hats I'm positive many Trump supporters here are simply being the proverbial gray man.

User Tag List