Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If lawn signs are an indication....

If lawn signs are an indication....

..then, Trump wins. Last week, we took a road trip from southern Vermont to South Carolina. VT state route 9, NYS thruway, Pennsylvania I-84, I-81, I-77 into SC. Trump signs seen were at least 95%, to Biden signs at 5%. Many, many homemade Trump signs on farm wagons pulled close to the interstate thru PA and VA. Some guy parked a tractor trailer near I-81 in PA with a huge Trump banner. Lots of Trump banners hanging from personal homes. All Biden signs that I saw were small, pre-printed lawn signs. Nothing huge. What I’m seeing on the ground is not matching what I see on the TV news programs.

Site Supporter
    Not even Obama can bring folks out for Joe

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...-race-n2578771

According to CBS News campaign reporter Tim Perry, Obama’s drive-in event in Florida on Saturday only brought in 228 cars, totaling about 400 people.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not even Obama can bring folks out for Joe

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...-race-n2578771
    Holiday Inn Welcomes the National Touring Company of The Wiz and The Biden Campaign (Featuring Obama)
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    In Kansas City proper, south of the river- 75th street to 47th Street, Stateline to Troost, I see 90% Biden signs to Trump. I know in 2016, the vote was more like 55/45 for Clinton.

I strongly suspect that lots of folks are a "silent/low profile majority" in a given area.

Ergo-signs are not a meaningful correlation IMHO.

In my 'hood, it's all Biden, all the time. Zero Trump signs.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    At a time when people are having rocks thrown through their car windows, trash thrown on their lawn next to Trump signs, and in one case having their horse shot for having a Trump sign, putting up a Trump sign definitely shows an above-average level of enthusiasm. People wearing MAGA hats have been subject to all kinds of harassment for the past 4 years, so putting up a sign despite the potential for becoming a crime victim says something about enthusiasm.

If we want to go by signage locally, Trump is in 1st and Biden is in 3rd.

Who's in second you ask?

Garage sale signs.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

My neighborhood, with lots of retired damyankee carpetbaggers, is 9 Trump to 5 Biden.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Ergo-signs are not a meaningful correlation IMHO.
    Trump signs outnumbered Biden 10:1 here, for a while. Now the numbers are even.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At a time when people are having rocks thrown through their car windows, trash thrown on their lawn next to Trump signs, and in one case having their horse shot for having a Trump sign, putting up a Trump sign definitely shows an above-average level of enthusiasm. People wearing MAGA hats have been subject to all kinds of harassment for the past 4 years, so putting up a sign despite the potential for becoming a crime victim says something about enthusiasm.
    But no one has stolen construction equipment to run over signs: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/6041381002/ In other words, it goes both ways, and any sign is an invitation for meatheads.

In my entire life I've only had one campaign sign in my yard, and that was for an issue that directly affected safety forces. I don't like any person enough to campaign for them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Garage sale signs.
    Now there's a candidate I can get behind, but only for reloading tools and fishing gear.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List