Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do if new administration does AWB

Me, I'll probably throw in the high cap towel and go to 1911s, P225/220, 43X/48... I can't afford the NFA registration and I don't want to carry a ten shot G17. If the law/executive order is overturned I'll buy back in.

Site Supporter
    Last time the the DNC controlled Congress and the white house. They couldn't get much passed. I'm not going to get my knickers in a bind until there is something actually passed.

If something is passed I'll convert my mags to 10 rounders and deal with it. Maybe Glock will actually make a reliable 10 round mag if this comes to pass

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Anyone who is talking on an open thread about how they'll disobey the law and maybe engage in revolutionary acts:

A) Needs to have their head examined;
    B) Should pre-pay a hefty retainer to a criminal defense attorney;
    C) Might as well self-report themselves to the FBI; or
    D) All of the above.
    Heh, this thread tho...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

On the handgun mag side, well, I mostly use 1911 pistols, and revolving pistols, anyway, for orthopedic reasons. My aging hands do not like small Glocks, other than the G42, so, I have retired my pair of G19 pistols. The only 9mm Glocks that I can still shoot, right-handed, without wrecking my right thumb and wrist, are the G19x, G17, and, presumably, G34. I need the longer/taller grip, to stabilize against the “heel bone” of the hand, and distribute the recoil impulse evenly across the wrist, to be absorbed by both forearm bones. So, my use case for Glocks has nothing to do with mag capacity. If I have to live with ten-round Glock mags, well, it is not the end of the world, as I mostly tote revolvers, now, anyway, unless I plan to get amphibious. So, again, my Glock norm-caps would not be a hill to die on.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Last time the the DNC controlled Congress and the white house. They couldn't get much passed. I'm not going to get my knickers in a bind until there is something actually passed.
    The D's held all three branches from 2008-2010 only. The #1 priority for them in that time period was passing ACA. Gun control wasn't even a blip on the radar

Guess what the #1 priority is in 2020? Ever since the 2018 stoneman douglas HS shooting, the gun control side has been flush with funding and political power. Oh yea and the NRA has been destroyed. With Dems expected to sweep all three branches and most importantly eliminating the senate filabuster, we are on a full speed train off the cliff so to speak.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Heh, this thread tho...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    As far as I go - the Cal DOJ knows exactly what assault weapons I own because I registered them like a good prol. I have also had to answer the magazine question like all my fellow Kalifornians have had to. If this becomes federal then the bean counters will know if I’m complying or not and will take action as they deem necessary. What I say on a gun chat room doesn’t matter a hill of beans.

Oh and for all you guys who think the powers that be will be happy with your scary rifles and “big clips”, so you’ll just be content shooting your lever guns and 1911s - if you act now I’ll throw in your choice of the Bay or San Mateo Bridge when you buy the Golden Gate Bridge!
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-26-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Anyone who is talking on an open thread about how they'll disobey the law and maybe engage in revolutionary acts:

A) Needs to have their head examined;
    B) Should pre-pay a hefty retainer to a criminal defense attorney;
    C) Might as well self-report themselves to the FBI; or
    D) All of the above.
    I assume this covers my previous comments. I’m at a point where I simply don’t care about legal consequences. I’ve done nothing illegal, and standing by the Constitution of the United States is not illegal. Standing by the Declaration of Independence is not illegal, and highly patriotic. Any attempt at firearm confiscation is going to be met without extreme resistance. I do not condone the actions of Timothy McVeigh, but he showed the world what two pissed off men could do(!!!!). It was a cowardly act, and his anger was misplaced, but it was nevertheless devastating. Six years later, a handful of Islamic terrorists showed the world that they could cause as much death and destruction, as the Japanese Naval Fleet did in 1941. There are MANY Americans itching for a fight, and they are well prepared. I do not wish to start a fight, but will not back down when one is brought to me.

I have a right to speak freely, and I’m not threatening anyone, at least anyone who doesn’t threaten me. If a local, state, or federal legislature passes a law that violates my rights, I will not comply. I do not seek a fight, nor do I wish to harm anyone. Having said that, I do not fear any man, and have made peace with my maker years ago. Taking a stand is neither revolutionary, nor illegal. My rights are derived from God, and enshrined in our Constitution. I will neither bend, nor yield to any governmental agency.

I don't have a plan. I never do. Ask my wife, she'll confirm that. These days it just isn't worth the effort because 2020 has shown that one just never know, do one?

Having said that I don't fear a Biden/Harris administration anymore than I fear another Trump administration. They come and go. Seen it many times. I never was a boy scout.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-26-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have to think that the "common use" language in Heller indicates that the Supreme Court would strike down any new AWB pretty much as soon as a case could be brought before it, and that the NRA and SAF would join together to bring a lawsuit lickety-split based on the fact that G19s/G17s and ARs are quite literally everywhere. It doesn't get more "common use" than those guns.

In the event that I'm wrong about that, well, at the moment, I only own one gun with > 10 round mag capacity anyway. If I have to register a Walther P99 as an "assault weapon," as ridiculous as that concept is, then that's what I'd do. If that's not allowed, then I guess I'd take what I can get in terms of a buyback price and support whatever legal efforts to overturn it come about. People with larger numbers of to-be-banned guns would certainly have harder choices to make.

If we go down the Australia/England path and outright ban basically all guns and somehow it doesn't end up struck down by the USSC between when Harris signs it and when it goes into effect, then I worry about what the results will be.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I assume this covers my previous comments. I’m at a point where I simply don’t care about legal consequences. I’ve done nothing illegal, and standing by the Constitution of the United States is not illegal. Standing by the Declaration of Independence is not illegal, and highly patriotic. Any attempt at firearm confiscation is going to be met without extreme resistance. I do not condone the actions of Timothy McVeigh, but he showed the world what two pissed off men could do(!!!!). It was a cowardly act, and his anger was misplaced, but it was nevertheless devastating. Six years later, a handful of Islamic terrorists showed the world that they could cause as much death and destruction, as the Japanese Naval Fleet did in 1941. There are MANY Americans itching for a fight, and they are well prepared. I do not wish to start a fight, but will not back down when one is brought to me.

I have a right to speak freely, and I’m not threatening anyone, at least anyone who doesn’t threaten me. If a local, state, or federal legislature passes a law that violates my rights, I will not comply. I do not seek a fight, nor do I wish to harm anyone. Having said that, I do not fear any man, and have made peace with my maker years ago. Taking a stand is neither revolutionary, nor illegal. My rights are derived from God, and enshrined in our Constitution. I will neither bend, nor yield to any governmental agency.
    You're toast.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List