Thread: I'm sure some P-Fers are familiar with this series

I'm sure some P-Fers are familiar with this series

When I was cleaning out my dad's garage I came across a box filled with most of the original run of these books from 1964-1984. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews ride again in my house.

Name:  C44C58DA-4932-4420-9AF2-C0BE3B7B8C11.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  39.6 KB

Absolutely AWESOME!!!!! I read every one the library in town had. I spent many hours imagining my own junkyard hideout. I bet they're even better now. ENJOY!!

I read every single one multiple times, and they are one of the reasons I'm an author today.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I read every single one multiple times, and they are one of the reasons I'm an author today.
    I'm probably not far behind you on reading them. These were on a bookshelf in our house growing up. I read them all basically after I graduated from the Hardy Boys and time and time again after that. I love mysteries, because of these books. Well, these books and watching Dragnet, Perry Mason, Charlie Chan, and Colombo growing up*.

I was very excited to find these, because I thought my parents had gotten rid of them years ago. I actually had started looking for them in used bookstores and buying them when I found them. Turns out my dad had saved them.

And next to those were all of his hardcover Louis L'Amour books, which I also read as a kid. And I attribute my great love of westerns to those.

And while none of my novels are yet published, I am working on them. Eventually, I'll have my name on published fiction and non-fiction works...but right now it's just non-fiction. Some day. That's the dream.

___

I'm going to turn 35 in ~3.5 weeks. And MY childhood TV memories consist of shows that had been canceled long before I was born. Seriously, I Love Lucy, Dragnet, Adam-12, Perry Mason, Colombo, Charlie Chan movies, 3 Stooges, M*A*S*H, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents - these are what I remember watching even as a teenager. No wonder I like revolvers, westerns, and old cars.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When I was cleaning out my dad's garage I came across a box filled with most of the original run of these books from 1964-1984. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews ride again in my house.

Name:  C44C58DA-4932-4420-9AF2-C0BE3B7B8C11.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  39.6 KB
    I loved these as a youth. The only library accessible to me was a mobile library that visited remote communities. Every two weeks (the schedule of how often it visited) I would check to see if it had any 3 investigator novels that I hadn't already read.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    I loved these as a youth. The only library accessible to me was a mobile library that visited remote communities. Every two weeks (the schedule of how often it visited) I would check to see if it had any 3 investigator novels that I hadn't already read.
    Oh man I haven’t thought about mobile libraries in probably decades. I used to look forward to that day so much. Good memories.

User Tag List