Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What will you do if new administration does AWB

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    If there is an AWB or high capacity magazine ban, it will not be the federal government enforcing it. After all, how many federal LEOs do any of you encounter in a year?

That means you are most likely to encounter a local police officer pulling you over for a traffic stop, checking your sobriety, or coming over to your house while you are away because your teenager threw a high school keger and there was contraband in plain sight that allowed them to enter your home. It will be the local cops who take you into custody after you use your banned weapon to defend your family from the guy robbing your house. Even if we go to the extreme measure of door to door confiscation, don't think for a minute that it will be the HRT or even the local FBI SWAT knocking on your door - there are not enough federal police for that. It will be just like Katrina with the local sheriff and police who signed off on your CCW who come knocking.

Sorry if I'm raining on a good Red Dawn circle jerk.
    The only ones I've ever encountered was a game warden and a CBP officer when crossing the border. They don't show up at my house very often. If they do I know it's time to boogaloo down slope south forty.

Wolverines.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Dang guys, with this talk of burying assault weapons in the ground, it made me super concerned for my religious beliefs.

In my religion, I believe in burying scrap metal, specifically chunks of steel pipe, under my backyard lawn. My religion believes that doing so returns the iron to the earth and promotes healing and wellness to the home inhabitants. Also, we use random lengths of copper wiring buried in the ground too as a conduit to flow the earths energy to the surface. These are my bonifide first amendment religious beliefs and if done with care as to not disturb any utility lines, is fully legal as a religious expression. And if anyone dug one up by accident, they are just inert objects and no one would be injured.

I never thought much about this before now. But I fully plan on turning all of my assault weapons in so the police can do their jobs and focus on the criminals. But, what if the police come to my house with metal detectors and demand to search the grounds? I’ll swear to them it’s just scrap metal as part of my religion but they might not believe me.

Because unscrupulous whippersnapper criminals might be burying guns. And when the police find my pipes, it will take a long time to unearth them. And hopefully when they come across wiring, they don’t call an EOD robot in, because then it might take more than a week for a team to clear just my backyard.

And if my religion spreads, and more people do this, it could tie up significant LE resources. So I’m torn, I want to be a good citizen and not waste LE resources digging up my yard with remote robots, but I have sacred religious beliefs.

I’m really worried if even 5% of the population takes up my religion, it could cost billions in LE resources digging up yards across the country with EOD robots looking for assault weapons. But yet, I want my religion to spread because the spiritual gains are enormous. I’ve never felt healthier. My hair is coarser and my nails are thicker. There’s really something to this.
    Last edited by Sanch; 10-29-2020 at 01:23 AM.

I know what I am going to do but I sure as he11 am not typing it here.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Glenn E. Meyer

I would again, add my displeasure with Roberts - who could have taken the 10 cases and ended our national nightmare. If you are an one issue person, despite his other 'conservative' points, he is an abject failure.[/QUOTE]

Glenn, I agree with the "rating" you've applied to Roberts. His record on the Supreme Court has been very unexpected. I kept thinking that each time a 2A-ish case would come up, Roberts would take the case because he had rejected the previous one, but no. Whoever did the research that led to the confirmations of the new judges should get a big raise.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I heard from a trainer in New Yawk that shotgun class bookings got real active in the wake of their last gun rights putsch. I'd imagine much the same.

Personally, it's one reason the only GLOCK I kept was a 27 for being likely deemed kosher. Already carry wheelguns so no plans for change to my carry set-up. And I've prioritized scattergun over carbine thanks to the Two Weeks/Months/Quarters/Years to Slow the Spread, anyway. It may be a pump but meets the spirit of two blasts in the air, Jill.
    I've been hanging out in the LGS doing paperwork on my guns. In that time, I saw three pump guns go out the door. One was a Shockwave though. The purchasers were clearly new folks. A couple of women buying smaller 9s and 380s. I think that the neutered ARs in NY cuts down their market share, but that's just an opinion without real research.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    If there is an AWB or high capacity magazine ban, it will not be the federal government enforcing it. After all, how many federal LEOs do any of you encounter in a year?

Well, some of us have Federal friends and relatives. About the defense against tyranny nuclear option, I might point out that this point has been made in the past by many. Today it is not popular. The NRA regards it as a point which does not sell and doesn't push it. One reason might be that the defense against tyranny argument is now popular on minority and left leaning sites and that targets the conservative side and DJT which the NRA has bonded with. Also, defense against tyranny implies actions against law enforcement and the NRA is supposed to support law and order. We recall that the Jack Boated Thugs argument with Bush I and Wayne. The NRA has a conundrum as major law enforcement organizations came out in favor of AWBs, esp. when their officers were seen as outgunned. Interesting discussion of this in:
    Policing the Second Amendment: Guns, Law Enforcement, and the Politics of Race
    Jennifer Carlson

Recent court decisions about modern sporting military style semiautomatic assault evil black rifles and associated large cap magazines have not been successful in many courts as it is said they are NOT necessary for self-defense. That is the down side of the SD argument. The 5 is enough crowd pollutes the waters for defense against tyranny. I recall but lost the link that Gary Kleck was a witness in a ban case and the judge did not buy his arguments for higher cap guns as the judge said, NO - not necessary for self-defense.

Again, for the bury them folks - I repeat it makes the guns useless for most applications. Thus, you may have them but the battle is won against them. Unless, you get legislative action or court decisions, no practical undoing of the ban would work to free them for usage again. Note, the legislative action and court has failed because:

1. The GOP under the leadership of Moscow Mitch and Ryan never tried. Their motives - well, they were not good.
    2. Roberts, Roberts, Roberts
    3. DJT - says "I will defend" - never says he will try to undo through various measures and jawboning the existing bans. We see the bump ban and the current discussion of new ATF moves against the 'pistol' ARs. The recent interview in my latest Shooting Illustrated was softball - just full of "I will defend". No plans to undo what's out there.

Maybe Justice Barrett will turn it around. How many years will that take? Now it could be the case, that Biden won't do anything or a filibuster could block him. Won't stop state actions.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Just a random musing for those who were adults in 1986, where was the revolution against St. Reagan?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Good point, and where are the local rebellions against state laws. Certainly many of the new ban states have strong gun rights supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Again, for the bury them folks - I repeat it makes the guns useless for most applications. Thus, you may have them but the battle is won against them. Unless, you get legislative action or court decisions, no practical undoing of the ban would work to free them for usage again.
    Reminds me of a line from back in the '90s: If its time to hide 'em, its time to use 'em.

Ain't no one here gonna go all wolverines over a new assault weapons ban. Everyone thinks they got too much to lose and they are probably right. House, job, family, savings, pensions, retirement, community standing.... Plus many of y'all's family would rat you out rather than suffer the consequences of you going all insurgent on them... FFS... We are posting on PF.... the most milquetoast, middle of the road gun forum in existence. We ain't gonna do shit but bitch about it if it happens to occur and you know it. Posturing is for monkeys and gangbangers, so stop, it's unbecoming.

There you go... Public facing statement made for future searches.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

User Tag List