Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

I carried AOWB for a number of years with a RCS Phantom with the 'MD' cut (neutral cant, no body shield). The Raven Concealment FAQ used to note "The MD Cut holster is designed to be carried OWB and forward of the hip (“two oclock“ for right handed shooters, “10 oclock“ for left handed shooters). The MD cut is a straight drop holster (no forward cant) with a reduced body shield."
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

And the PF approved "After Lunch" position.

That's going to foul my surprise J-frame presentation from my pocket. I'm also think it's going to be hard covering a Beretta. Maybe farther back toward 3 o'clock. I do like the holster if they'll make it for something other than Glocks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Grin,

You are supposed to be amphibious.

The J Frame goes in the pocket opposite the gun side. Right hand shooters carry J Frames in left front pocket and vice versa.

That is why I have two pocket rigs from the guys:

That way I have a rig for either the left or right pocket.

In regards to the holster (I need to remember to ask what the holster name is, and I have talked to Jim a dozen times since I started this thread and keep forgetting to ask), I understand that a few folks that are in the industry have ordered them for various guns. I'd give them a call and them what you want.

Cheers!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I carried AOWB for a number of years with a RCS Phantom with the 'MD' cut (neutral cant, no body shield). The Raven Concealment FAQ used to note "The MD Cut holster is designed to be carried OWB and forward of the hip (“two oclock“ for right handed shooters, “10 oclock“ for left handed shooters). The MD cut is a straight drop holster (no forward cant) with a reduced body shield."
    I still have a Magpul Dynamics-cut Raven RCS for my M&P 9c (the old 12 rounder). It works well with a pad on the back of it to tuck it into the body. I wish Raven still made those.

I also have a straight cant JM Custom Kydex OWB 1 holster for my new M&P 2.0 compact (the 15 round version). I put a pad on the back of it, too. Works pretty well, but it's a bigger gun and I'm not a very big guy. I probably will get the body shield trimmed.

I have found, for me, that the straight cant pancake style holsters (even if they are kydex) work better for tucking the gun in than a nelson/avenger style in that position. The pancake holster does take up more belt space, though.
    Last edited by idahojess; 01-08-2021 at 11:51 PM.

That stingray skin holster is awesome. When I was traveling to Thailand regularly I picked up a stingray wallet, I came really close to having some stingray cowboy boots made, but my wife told me that I would look silly.

Grin,

You are supposed to be amphibious.

The J Frame goes in the pocket opposite the gun side. Right hand shooters carry J Frames in left front pocket and vice versa.

That is why I have two pocket rigs from the guys:

That way I have a rig for either the left or right pocket.

In regards to the holster (I need to remember to ask what the holster name is, and I have talked to Jim a dozen times since I started this thread and keep forgetting to ask), I understand that a few folks that are in the industry have ordered them for various guns. I'd give them a call and them what you want.

Cheers!
    You have no idea how ironic your post is. I'm literally not very amphibious, as I can maybe keep myself alive in water, but that would be all. I shoot ambi pretty well with full size guns, but with smaller guns, not so much.

A model name number would be helpful, but if they can understand "Lost River posted this straight drop OWB holster on P-F" I can go with that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You have no idea how ironic your post is. I'm literally not very amphibious, as I can maybe keep myself alive in water, but that would be all. I shoot ambi pretty well with full size guns, but with smaller guns, not so much.

A model name number would be helpful, but if they can understand "Lost River posted this straight drop OWB holster on P-F" I can go with that.
    If you ask for Jim, and tell him, and tell him you saw it here, he will know what you are talking about.

In reference to the amphibious joke, I used to teach classes a long time ago and would throw that line out there, to see how many would get it. usually about 10-15% max would start chuckling while the rest were just looking at you. Dry humor, what are you gonna do..

Dry humor, what are you gonna do..
    Dry humor works best if you avoid aquatic jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm amphibalent on that score. I can go either way.

Keep your powder dry!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Well played.

If you ask for Jim, and tell him, and tell him you saw it here, he will know what you are talking about.
    Aside from their great leather work, that's another reason to like Sparks.

User Tag List