Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So, 3:30 was a Daylight Savings Time reference? (I agree just forward of the hip bone works great, at least now that I lost the muffintop.)
    Gals have muffin top - dudes have "survival muscle"...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    If you put socks down, he takes them and gets you to chase him until he is tired of the game. I can't tell you how many socks I have lost..
    You should have named him Washing Machine....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The back side:

And the PF approved "After Lunch" position.

Looks basically like a Sparks 55BN, with a cut down leading edge and no metal reinforcement along the top.
    I have several 55’s, and like them except for the (to me) too high draw height to get the muzzle clear. This cut down front is exactly what it needs. A metal reinforcement band that follows the front cut would make it perfect! (IMHO)

Site Supporter

Appendix OWB Kydex Muzzle Forward?

The back side:

And the PF approved "After Lunch" position.

I'm considering experimenting with OWB appendix carry - somewhere between the belt buckle and the strong side pants pocket. I prefer kydex and would probably start with my Sig P365. I'm guessing a slight-to-moderate muzzle forward cant would be preferable? I'm 5'8", 165 lbs. with athletic build. Cover garments would include t shirts, untucked polos, etc. Has anyone gone this route?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I'm considering experimenting with OWB appendix carry - somewhere between the belt buckle and the strong side pants pocket. I prefer kydex and would probably start with my Sig P365. I'm guessing a slight-to-moderate muzzle forward cant would be preferable? I'm 5'8", 165 lbs. with athletic build. Cover garments would include t shirts, untucked polos, etc. Has anyone gone this route?
    I don't know that I would recommend the forward cant from that location. I think you may be better served with a straight drop to avoid a potentially unnatural wrist position in acquiring your master grip. If the holster is adjustable in regard to cant, I'd feel less concern.

Try putting one of your holsters inside your waistband at various angles and see what works best at the desired position. It will at least approximate the OWB experience from that location on your belt.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't know that I would recommend the forward cant from that location. I think you may be better served with a straight drop to avoid a potentially unnatural wrist position in acquiring your master grip. If the holster is adjustable in regard to cant, I'd feel less concern.

Try putting one of your holsters inside your waistband at various angles and see what works best at the desired position. It will at least approximate the OWB experience from that location on your belt.
    Where does muzzle forward work best? I have been kind of speculating 2-3 o'clock.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Where does muzzle forward work best? I have been kind of speculating 2-3 o'clock.
    I think muzzle forward, (negative cant), works better closer in...from the hip toward 12 o'clock, but I think it can present concealment issues.

Grip forward, (positive cant), from 2 o'clock (at a minimum) rearward. Just my opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    For kydex the Perun that Leroy Suggs has a picture of is a good choice. I have one and it is a good rig. I actually like a slight muzzle forward orientation on an OWB but it is a rare bird in a holster that is concealable. With the Perun you at least have a solid straight drop rig. You can always modify from there. I have not looked at mine to see if it can be change to muzzle forward.

Site Supporter
    For kydex the Perun that Leroy Suggs has a picture of is a good choice. I have one and it is a good rig. I actually like a slight muzzle forward orientation on an OWB but it is a rare bird in a holster that is concealable. With the Perun you at least have a solid straight drop rig. You can always modify from there. I have not looked at mine to see if it can be change to muzzle forward.
    I looked at the Perun but, it doesn't seem available for the P365. Just moving my strong hand to the 1:00 - 2:00 o'clock position, a muzzle-forward cant feels like it would enable a more natural draw stroke without significant wrist bend. Thanks for the input!

I need this for a G48 and a 3” GP100.
    #RESIST

User Tag List