Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How is that working as almost AOWB? That's traditional strong side to me.
    Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by that. In my mind at least, the "A" in AIWB or AOWB implies somewhere between 2:30 and 12:00 for right-handed shooters, and somewhere between 9:30 and 12:00 for wrong-handed shooters like @RJ.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm just saying....

Attachment 62237
    Is it wrong that's the main reason I keep looking at 5 1/2-inch stainless Blackhawks on GB?

Is it wrong that it might be enough for me to buy one?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

How is that working as almost AOWB? That's traditional strong side to me.

I normally wear most my holsters as straight drop/zero cant. I rarely mention it online about wearing a rig in what many would consider AOWB, as I don't want to listen to the autistic screeching from CCW "experts" and the like. Not really a problem here as much as it is elsewhere. When my hands are relaxed naturally at my sides, I like to be able to have some part of my arm/elbow come in physical contact with my holstered handgun, usually with the inside of my elbow contacting the base of my magazine, as this allows me to #1, always know precisely where my gun is, and #2, be set up to protect it from a weapon retention standpoint.

I used to be a weapons retention instructor, and I found this position to be very natural for fast presentation, safe secure reholster, and weapon retention in the event of a gun grab attempt,which I have had people go for my gun while fighting them on the job. AOWB may not be the ARFCOM flavor of the week, but it has always worked for me.

Traditional strong side (for me) was always more in line with being at the 3 O Clock position, and in line with the hip bone.

In reality, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in what people call it, as a person can call something what he likes, as long as he finds a position that is comfortable, and meets his needs.

The holster I received for T&E is simply a straight drop, optic compatible. The end user can choose to wear it as best suits their needs. For me, I chose to roll with it a bit more forward than others might, as is my habit.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Maybe @lostRiver meant 1330 rather than 3:30.
    Yeah it made sense when I was typing it. At least until I read it and then scratched my head.. ???

Just forward of the hip bone, over the front pocket of the jeans for me. It makes it a whole lot more comfortable for driving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Yeah it made sense when I was typing it. At least until I read it and then scratched my head.. ???

Just forward of the hip bone, over the front pocket of the jeans for me. It makes it a whole lot more comfortable for driving too.
    So, 3:30 was a Daylight Savings Time reference? (I agree just forward of the hip bone works great, at least now that I lost the muffintop.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Be sure to set your holster back one hour next Saturday before you go to bed. DST ends 11/01 2am.

I normally wear most my holsters as straight drop/zero cant. I rarely mention it online about wearing a rig in what many would consider AOWB, as I don't want to listen to the autistic screeching from CCW "experts" and the like. Not really a problem here as much as it is elsewhere. When my hands are relaxed naturally at my sides, I like to be able to have some part of my arm/elbow come in physical contact with my holstered handgun, usually with the inside of my elbow contacting the base of my magazine, as this allows me to #1, always know precisely where my gun is, and #2, be set up to protect it from a weapon retention standpoint.

I used to be a weapons retention instructor, and I found this position to be very natural for fast presentation, safe secure reholster, and weapon retention in the event of a gun grab attempt,which I have had people go for my gun while fighting them on the job. AOWB may not be the ARFCOM flavor of the week, but it has always worked for me.

Traditional strong side (for me) was always more in line with being at the 3 O Clock position, and in line with the hip bone.

In reality, I don't think it makes a bit of difference in what people call it, as a person can call something what he likes, as long as he finds a position that is comfortable, and meets his needs.

The holster I received for T&E is simply a straight drop, optic compatible. The end user can choose to wear it as best suits their needs. For me, I chose to roll with it a bit more forward than others might, as is my habit.

Cheers!

So it's worn at 1:30?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sounds like where I wear my OWB from @orionz06 (otherwise known as Dark Star Gear) when I go for my qualifications with the sheriff's office.

I used to wear my former OWBs under the arm where I could protect the weapon during a tussle, (and have had the opportunity to test the method in the real world), but my shoulder doesn't take kindly to having it that far back, high and tight anymore.

Now I happily go AOWB, a little further toward the hip than I wear when inside the pants.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So it's worn at 1:30?
    Yeah just after lunch!

Yeah just after lunch!
    LOWB
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List