Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yep. I ruck with the doggo O’dark thirty with a Fricke Gideon for G19X with X300U worn AOWB. Superb

Attachment 62244
    While everyone else is all "bro-mancing" over your kilt, I just want to know, is that a pith helmet hanging off the shelf?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    *groan*

The only thing that can rescue this thread now is a picture of Henry.
    I don't know why that dog is 120 pounds...

I give in pretty easy when he gives me this look:

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    While everyone else is all "bro-mancing" over your kilt, I just want to know, is that a pith helmet hanging off the shelf?
    YES! It’s a cherished momento. My dad wore it a lot while fishing in the Summer. Picked up the habit while in the tropics in the ‘40s. That and his steel crutches (he lost a leg in a car wreck in 1950) are kept in the gun room.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’d dig out my Utilikilt for that.
    Darn Near Kilt 'em is my brand, the "tactical model" in tan or forest green are on point.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Darn Near Kilt 'em is my brand, the "tactical model" in tan or forest green are on point.
    Interesting! Less expensive than the Utilikilts, too. I may need to grab one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I don't recall any other kilt carry pics. Maybe we need a new dedicated thread in the gallery sub-forum. I think a friend of mine shot a USPSA match in a kilt some years ago, but I never saw any pics.

Back on topic, this new holster looks great to me.
    I've been doing so much shooting in a kilt it changed my drawstroke without my conscious intention. You wear this amazing garment higher than a lot of ie my jeans. So I've unconsciously developed a higher arc press out vs my Frank Proctor "escalator" index draw, that started lower. I don't really care as I'm not chasing tenths of seconds etc etc. I thinks it's been good for consistency of hits though. And in my new WFH environment I'm wearing one of my many kilts most of the time, what's not to like?

Here is my AOWB. A Perun set 0 drop with a foam pad. Super comfortable and works great just like @Lost River said.

Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  41.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 10-27-2020 at 08:54 PM.

I like the holster @Lost River. I like the pistol too. I experimented with a similar set up a long time ago with a G30. I bought the holster from a leather maker that didn’t make it in the business. Honestly it was a terrible holster and I was also using a belt that wasn’t up to the task. It was super comfortable though and I would like to try it again. My low back doesn’t always agree with AIWB and I don’t like switching to OWB 3 o’clock when it’s acting up. It’s a completely different draw stroke and a completely different position to defend.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    I've been doing so much shooting in a kilt it changed my drawstroke without my conscious intention. You wear this amazing garment higher than a lot of ie my jeans. So I've unconsciously developed a higher arc press out vs my Frank Proctor "escalator" index draw, that started lower. I don't really care as I'm not chasing tenths of seconds etc etc. I thinks it's been good for consistency of hits though. And in my new WFH environment I'm wearing one of my many kilts most of the time, what's not to like?
    Looking back at your pic, that's a really high riding pistol you have there! I try to get the pistol up pretty high before I press out, but I don't think I'm kilt level high. This makes me want to buy a kilt. I'm Presbyterian so I should really already have one...

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Here is my AOWB. A Perun set 0 drop with a foam pad. Super comfortable and works great just like @Lost River said.

Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  41.9 KB
    I have a Perun, those are not bad rigs, especially for the price.

User Tag List