Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new from Sparks

Something new from Sparks

Full disclosure for anyone not familiar, I am friends with the owners. Though I don't get paid, or anything, I have been using their products for more than 25 years. For birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, the wife just usually calls and asks if I have something already on the wait list, and it makes things easier when it comes to gifts (on her end).

I was given a pre-production T&E sample to test run. I have been wearing it for a few months. In fact this last week when I came to town on business, I brought it in to make a slight alteration to get a better firing grip on the pistol with my XL hands. In talking to my buddy who designed it, that had already been incorporated into the final version.

This is a straight drop outside the waistband rig. That said, I have found it works perfectly fine for non optics equipped handguns as well. I have been wearing mine at the 3:30, almost as an appendix OWB so as to have optimal control for weapon retention, as well as for speed in the draw.

I don't know what the name of the holster is, what they are going to sell for, or any of those kind of details.

I would presume it is going to incorporate the word optic in it or something. What I do know is I like it a lot. wearing it while driving, and doing day to day things, I think its going to be pretty popular.

I asked if I could discuss it "in the wild", as I know they have not put anything out yet, and got the go-ahead to share it with friends. So today is the first day.

I also wore it while wearing a pack, hunting deer with my dad this last week, and found that it was quite comfortable as an appendix owb rig.

Pic of the high country, just because:

Site Supporter
    Name:  bf9e400d0624ef388e8ebdbc1080a1a8.jpg
Views: 1564
Size:  24.6 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For a second, I thought that little detail with a reflection on it at the front of the ejection port was Henry's contribution to the tooling.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For a second, I thought that little detail with a reflection on it at the front of the ejection port was Henry's contribution to the tooling.
    If so, I reckon Henry would be sleeping in the barn tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have been wearing mine at the 3:30, almost as an appendix OWB so as to have optimal control for weapon retention, as well as for speed in the draw.
    How is that working as almost AOWB? That's traditional strong side to me.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    HA!

OOF! That dog chews up more stuff...

He gets away with it only because of the fact that he is.. well, he is Henry. If you put socks down, he takes them and gets you to chase him until he is tired of the game. I can't tell you how many socks I have lost..

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How is that working as almost AOWB? That's traditional strong side to me.
    Not to horn in, but a leather AOWB works fantastically well. I used a very similar holster from Mitch Rosen (Upper Limit) for 2+ years on the road in the RV, in the truck, out of the truck, around camp, driving 8+ hour days etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not to horn in, but a leather AOWB works fantastically well. I used a very similar holster from Mitch Rosen (Upper Limit) for 2+ years on the road in the RV, in the truck, out of the truck, around camp, driving 8+ hour days etc.
    It does! AOWB is very viable for hiking and the like.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Maybe @lostRiver meant 1330 rather than 3:30.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It does! AOWB is very viable for hiking and the like.
    I'm just saying....

Name:  972c65eaf868a9848b1fe127e8a51e0e.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  22.7 KB

User Tag List