Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J Frame question/issue

S&W picked the stock spring weights for a reason. The stock trigger return spring gives enough additional power to overcome grit and gunk that collects inside your gun from carry. It also reduces your chance of short stroking the trigger during fast double action work.

Stop messing with your revolver springs on carry guns, people. If the trigger is still too heavy after plenty of dry fire or light stoning then grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    S&W picked the stock spring weights for a reason. The stock trigger return spring gives enough additional power to overcome grit and gunk that collects inside your gun from carry. It also reduces your chance of short stroking the trigger during fast double action work.

Stop messing with your revolver springs on carry guns, people. If the trigger is still too heavy after plenty of dry fire or light stoning then grow stronger.
    Should we get off your lawn now?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Should we get off your lawn now?
    [emoji23]

I always find it funny when people take it upon themselves to tell people what to do with their firearms. It’s like they are wasting his money, right?

Someone buys a revolver and doesn’t like the trigger... it’s their decision to change the trigger or sell the revolver. Not really productive to scorn someone that wants a better trigger... just makes you look like a jerk.

Maybe it’s me, but a reliability check is always a good thing after modifying a firearm. I personally say it is close to a necessity if it is a self defense firearm... but I’m not one to tell people what to do. If someone wants to just hope it works... that’s their prerogative.

My AR pistol, which is my truck gun, just had it’s upper come back from Adams Arms, due to a bad heat treatment on the piston rod (bent in the upper). Before it went back in the truck, I put 260 rounds through it. 60 of them were confirming zero of the two rounds I use (had to remove the red dot from upper when sending it back), other 200 were just seeing if there is any other odd wear that would lead me to believe something else is wrong. Zero issues, so I feel better about it.

I have ran an Apex Duty/Carry kit in my 9mm 642-1 for years. Think I put it in when I was still running .38 Special. Never a hiccup.

User Tag List