Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ 457 American 22lr

New CZ 457 American 22lr

My brother & I took the hour drive to what is probably the best gun store in Michigans lower peninsula yesterday and I came home with this:

Name:  WxWkeg2.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  4FNqQm8.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  59.7 KB

I had recently decided to try to get an old J.C. Higgins model 31 .22 running and it rekindled an interest in .22s. A few weeks ago we were at this shop and the CZ 457 American caught my eye. I decided I would like a nice bolt action .22 and if I found one with a really nice stock I would buy it. I checked out the display rifle, then asked to see the one still in the box. As soon as the packaging was opened I had my mind made up!

The scope is a Vortex 2-7x32 Crossfire II Rimfire and the rings are Warne rings suitable for use with either a 3/8 or 11mm dovetail. It is a beautiful rifle which features excellent fit & finish, really nice machine work, and the fully adjustable trigger is just sick right out of the box!!

This is my 3rd CZ purchase in the last year, which includes a Shadow 2 black/blue and an AccuShadow 2, and I am really happy and impressed with all of them. CZ makes some outstanding firearms!!

That looks really nice!

I sold my suppressor ready 455 thinking I’d get a 457 cause there was a couple of things that really annoyed me on the 455. One was the safety, the other was the bolt throw and having to use higher rings than were comfortable. The 457 looks to be about perfect except for the synthetic stock. I need to look at them again and see what’s available.

Congrats and let us know how it shoots.

That is a gorgeous rifle. The stock is just beautiful. That rifle shows some pride and attention to detail went into manufacturing and assembly. CZ continues to improve their products.

As for "best gun store in Michigan's lower peninsula", would that be Guns Galore in Fenton? It was the best back when I lived there a quarter century before. I remember making the trek many times, usually on a Saturday morning. I tried to get there at opening as the place would be packed within thirty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That is a gorgeous rifle. The stock is just beautiful. That rifle shows some pride and attention to detail went into manufacturing and assembly. CZ continues to improve their products.

As for "best gun store in Michigan's lower peninsula", would that be Guns Galore in Fenton? It was the best back when I lived there a quarter century before. I remember making the trek many times, usually on a Saturday morning. I tried to get there at opening as the place would be packed within thirty minutes.
    I was referring to Williams Gun Site in Davison. I have spent many a dollar there the past few years!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    I was referring to Williams Gun Site in Davison. I have spent many a dollar there the past few years!!
    I have not been there in years. I need to stop by on my next business trip. The last time I was there was to add a receiver sight to a T/C Contender .22 LR Match carbine barrel.

I have not been there in years. I need to stop by on my next business trip. The last time I was there was to add a receiver sight to a T/C Contender .22 LR Match carbine barrel.
    A new building has been built, much bigger, and they are as well stocked as anyone in these crazy times. It is best to get there just before they open at 10, and especially during the week because they can get busy & they are limiting the number of customers. It's a great store.

If your travels take you to either Clare or Gaylord, Jays Sporting Goods is also worth the trip!!

I was able to put some rounds through the new CZ 457 American today and am very impressed! I was able to shoot 5-10 rounds inside a 1” target dot at 50 yards with it without a problem, very good shooting for me. Very happy with my new CZ.

Site Supporter
    Looks great. I picked up a CZ 452 with open sights and a Mannlicher stock in 22WMR over a decade ago and it has been an amazing little gun. I’ve been wanting a scoped .22lr bolt gun for a while and if I can find one with wood anywhere near as good as yours, I won’t be able to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Looks great. I picked up a CZ 452 with open sights and a Mannlicher stock in 22WMR over a decade ago and it has been an amazing little gun. I’ve been wanting a scoped .22lr bolt gun for a while and if I can find one with wood anywhere near as good as yours, I won’t be able to resist.

I don't think you will be disappointed!

User Tag List