Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid, Stupid Wantsies

Stupid, Stupid Wantsies

No idea if it's imported into the US, but I have handled the regular model in 30-06 and it is promising. One in 6.5x55 SE with express sights, shortened threaded barrel, etc would be pretty ideal.

https://www.mauser.com/en/mauser-18/...-waldjagd.html

Name:  Mauser_18_Waldjagd_rechts.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  10.2 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I could use one in 308 and one in 9.3x62.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I was going to say make mine 8x57 (duh), but then I actually went to the link and was disappoint. No mechanical relation to the classics except the name.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I was going to say make mine 8x57 (duh), but then I actually went to the link and was disappoint. No mechanical relation to the classics except the name.
    Yep. A German Tikka derivative.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Nah, you want this one:

https://www.mauser.com/en/mauser-98/...td-expert.html

Name:  csm_Mauser_M98_Expert-re_eb0914c0d6.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  17.1 KB

A fair bit more scratch, but classy!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I’ll be in my bunk.

Okie John

The wood stocked version sure is classy looking. It would look awesome laying across ones knees sitting on the side of a mountain somewhere.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Nah, you want this one:

Today I ran across what was probably an old timers pride and joy, an FN Herstal 98 in .257 Roberts complete with Buehler mount and an old scope I didn't catch the make of. Well above my fun fund for now and I'm doing my best to avoid new calibers but I'd certainly make an exception if the price comes down.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    ...but I'd certainly make an exception if the price comes down.
    It will.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Nah, you want this one:

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I’ll be in my bunk.

Okie John

I didn't make it that far when I read it was available in 7x57.

Then I did a search and found out the price. #NOPE
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List